Anybody else struggling??

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys so i have been doing youtube now for around 8 months and since that point up until the turn of the year i had an upload daily! Im now finding this year however even though i planned big i find im struggling to find the time to make videos. A couple of weeks ago i set a schedule of just 3 videos a week to help me out, but even thats a stretch lately. My job is the main cause as its crazy hours all the time and 6 days a week mostly and the big change was i had a puppy 4 weeks ago which has drained all my time aswell. Its hard to take but thats life. Anyone else struggled lately?

TriggeredNation

New User
Feb 13, 2017
YouTube
Trigg_Nation
I know that I just started youtube on my channel. I mean it takes a little time and what you need to do now is start finding some collabs to help you through what your going now. Just saying <3

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I know that I just started youtube on my channel. I mean it takes a little time and what you need to do now is start finding some collabs to help you through what your going now. Just saying <3
Appreciate your comment and i can see what your saying but i dont think a collab is going to help me right now, like i said im struggling for time to myself never mind commiting to another person on top of that. A collab would be better off if i had more time i think, and normally people do it to strengthen growth and thats not a concern for me right now. Thanks anyway.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Work.
Representative golf (& practice)
Other sports.
Other commitments.
Can often feel (i have no time) or staying up to 1am, 2am to get a video out.
Yea exactly! Its not always easy. As much as we may love doing videos and yotube it can be a struggle to fit into everyday life. For some thats all they do so its alot less stres. Guess we got to keep pushing. Hope it works out and you achieve your goals!

Epic Music

Rising User
Feb 13, 2017
I know how you feel... Just make videos when you have the time to do so. If you over work yourself, then your YouTube channel will become more of a hassle, than fun!

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I know how you feel... Just make videos when you have the time to do so. If you over work yourself, then your YouTube channel will become more of a hassle, than fun!
Yea exactly thats sort of what im doing now. Thanks for the reply, if its not fun anymore whats the point, your perfectly right.

Epic Music

Rising User
Feb 13, 2017
Yea exactly thats sort of what im doing now. Thanks for the reply, if its not fun anymore whats the point, your perfectly right.

You'll figure it out. Everyone gets into a bad time every once in a while. But you have good content. People will understand.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I always try to record ahead but even then i sometimes have the struggle. I always try to do daily up till the point i get too busy and switch to 3 times a week untill i can get back to daily again.
Yea thats exaclty what i have just done myself, went from daily to 3 but for now i cant see tge daily thing coming back for a long time. Normally i used to bulk make videos and schedule but like u said even that doesnt work out for now.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Yea thats exaclty what i have just done myself, went from daily to 3 but for now i cant see tge daily thing coming back for a long time. Normally i used to bulk make videos and schedule but like u said even that doesnt work out for now.
That is what i do at the moment actually, bulk and schedule due to having more free time then before :)

Reactions: MSHAY Gaming

BodaciousBrosGaming

Distinguished User
May 15, 2014
San Francisco, California
YouTube
You pretty much just described the last 8 months for me (well minus the puppy, I'm too lazy for a pet xP). Sometimes it's a matter of not enough inspiration and creativity to make videos and other times it's school/work, but there are just times where making videos becomes extremely difficult. I've hit that wall a couple times in the past and all I can really say is that slumps like those need to be weathered. When I find myself getting overwhelmed with life I usually end up watching other Youtuber's videos or brainstorming ideas for future videos. It's all about persevering and keeping that Youtuber's persona alive, and I know that's probably the most random thing I could've said but that's pretty much the only thing I can say with confidence after doing this for 4 years :/ - Brandon

Other Freedom Banner.jpg

Reactions: MSHAY Gaming

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
You pretty much just described the last 8 months for me (well minus the puppy, I'm too lazy for a pet xP). Sometimes it's a matter of not enough inspiration and creativity to make videos and other times it's school/work, but there are just times where making videos becomes extremely difficult. I've hit that wall a couple times in the past and all I can really say is that slumps like those need to be weathered. When I find myself getting overwhelmed with life I usually end up watching other Youtuber's videos or brainstorming ideas for future videos. It's all about persevering and keeping that Youtuber's persona alive, and I know that's probably the most random thing I could've said but that's pretty much the only thing I can say with confidence after doing this for 4 years :/ - Brandon

View attachment 18191
Yea i understand what your saying and it makes sense, somtimes we all hit these bad spells for different reasons and it makes life difficult. The thing is we just have to ride it out and just come out on top. I know i have only been on youtube for 8 months now but i can see there will be slumps from time to time when your outside life takes over. At the end of the day nobody said it would be easy i guess. Aslong as we still enjoy what we do i guess we all should keep going. Goodluck to you.

Reactions: BodaciousBrosGaming

BodaciousBrosGaming

Distinguished User
May 15, 2014
San Francisco, California
YouTube
Yea i understand what your saying and it makes sense, somtimes we all hit these bad spells for different reasons and it makes life difficult. The thing is we just have to ride it out and just come out on top. I know i have only been on youtube for 8 months now but i can see there will be slumps from time to time when your outside life takes over. At the end of the day nobody said it would be easy i guess. Aslong as we still enjoy what we do i guess we all should keep going. Goodluck to you.
Yeah man, the most important thing about Youtube is that you enjoy doing it. As long as you're having fun making videos then that's all that matters :) And best of luck to you as well MSHAY! - Brandon

Other Freedom Banner.jpg