Any more mature animes to watch?

TJHeath32

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 21, 2015
England
YouTube
Hey guys,
I love anime, but when it's really cheesy and childish it turns me off. I've always cringed at stuff like that (even when I was younger than 10...) and I'm wondering if there's anything less like that? I really enjoyed Sword Art Online, Death Note and Attack On Titan, along with others such as Tokyo Ghoul and ESPECIALLY Fullmetal Alchemist, so anything along those lines would be great.

thanks.

Reactions: Showdawee Tv

Nordic Chronicles

Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
Jun 8, 2014
U.S.A, Illinois.
From The New World,Monogatari Series (Bakemonogatari,ect.),Another,Durarara,Ef(Tales of Memories/Melodies),Natsuyuki Rendezvous,Parasyte. There is plenty more to be added, but another one worth being checked out is "ERASED", which is simulcast this season.
Also above posters are correct aswell, if you are looking for one which is similar to SAO, try to Log Horizon,.Hack//Sign, and Overlord.

Edit: Tried to bring up ones rarely talked about, hopefully I did :p.

Reactions: Tythaeus

Tythaeus

The One and Only
Freedom! Member
Aug 2, 2015
Kalamazoo, Michigan
YouTube
Tythaeus
Well it's not cheesy drivel is what I mean.

Ah, ok.

From The New World,Monogatari Series (Bakemonogatari,ect.),Another,Durarara,Ef(Tales of Memories/Melodies),Natsuyuki Rendezvous,Parasyte. There is plenty more to be added, but another one worth being checked out is "ERASED", which is simulcast this season.
Also above posters are correct aswell, if you are looking for one which is similar to SAO, try to Log Horizon,.Hack//Sign, and Overlord.

Edit: Tried to bring up ones rarely talked about, hopefully I did :p.

Bro, EF: Tales of Memories/Melodies took me by surprise. I thought it was going to be an ass anime, but it's an amazing one.

Reactions: Nordic Chronicles

RGDrewGaming

Aurkenen on Youtube
Freedom! Member
Jan 9, 2015
South Carolina
YouTube
Magallus
Parasyte, can't recommend it enough. The first episode has a little comedy in it but it gets very serious. The story, the character progression, the emotions, just ughhh it's amazing lol. There's also Akame Ga Kill, but it is somewhat silly about 30% of the time, but it isn't TOO cheesy.

The downside is they're both only one season with 24~ ish episodes so they don't last very long. BUT there is talk of second seasons soooo something to look forward to, maybe.

Reactions: Nordic Chronicles

All Games Must Die

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 15, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I'm extremely surprised nobody has mentioned Trigun or Ghost in the Shell. I would have to agree with Berserk but be careful it could be too mature to handle. I thought it was extremely dark especially at the end and don't even read the manga unless you want nightmares or want something super hardcore.

BBT Network

New User
Feb 1, 2016
YouTube
Hey guys,
I love anime, but when it's really cheesy and childish it turns me off. I've always cringed at stuff like that (even when I was younger than 10...) and I'm wondering if there's anything less like that? I really enjoyed Sword Art Online, Death Note and Attack On Titan, along with others such as Tokyo Ghoul and ESPECIALLY Fullmetal Alchemist, so anything along those lines would be great.

thanks.
Well the only Animes I can think of that aren't so childish are Dragaonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Wolfs Rain, Gundam 00, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop and Trigun. Hope this helps a little.