Request Any Advice ?

Rick Griffin

Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2015
YouTube
Ok I have been making vids fairly well, but I did lose my internet for a bit. Im going to start making vids again, but it seems like I am making the slowest Progress ever. I have made decent amount of vids I currently have 29 Subs. Can anyone help me out.

GBullzGaming

Feb 17, 2016
YouTube
YT IS VERY SLOW PROCESS AND IS GETTING SLOWER THE LONGER YOU WAIT !! JUST STAY POSATIVE AND DONT TAKE LONG BREAK PERIOD OF NOT UPLOADING!! IF YOU UPLOAD CONTENT 3 TO 4 TIMES A WEEK YOU WILL BE SET AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO UT WAIT AND YOUR SUBS AND VIEWS WILL COME!! ALSO USE YOUR SCHOOL FRIEDNS TO GIVE YOU A BOOST MOST PEOPLE HAVE GMAIL ACCOUNT AND A FREE SUB FROM A FRIENDS IS ALLWAYS NICE

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
YT IS VERY SLOW PROCESS AND IS GETTING SLOWER THE LONGER YOU WAIT !! JUST STAY POSATIVE AND DONT TAKE LONG BREAK PERIOD OF NOT UPLOADING!! IF YOU UPLOAD CONTENT 3 TO 4 TIMES A WEEK YOU WILL BE SET AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO UT WAIT AND YOUR SUBS AND VIEWS WILL COME!! ALSO USE YOUR SCHOOL FRIEDNS TO GIVE YOU A BOOST MOST PEOPLE HAVE GMAIL ACCOUNT AND A FREE SUB FROM A FRIENDS IS ALLWAYS NICE
It would be highly appreciated if you were to stop typing in all caps.

ITW Games

Freedom! Member
Nov 12, 2015
Midwest USA
YouTube
ScottWood2569
Sometimes it takes a bit to get back into the swing of things. In late december I had pneumonia and was hospitalized for like 8 days. Just that little bit has put a major damper on me getting motivated to put out videos. you just gotta put some time aside in your day, week, whatever to devote to working on your channel. Even if its just a few minutes a day to read forum post and research what direction you want to go with your next videos. It takes a bit but you'll work it out eventually. Just don't get frustrated. Instant fame on Youtube doesn't happen to everybody. For most of us it means putting in alot of work.

Qwerts

Freedom! Member
Oct 25, 2014
YouTube
Consistenty is the key. Unfortunatly YouTube is a harsh business to be in! So if you go away for a fairly long amount of time then it will be very difficult for your subscribers to watch your videos, unless you have really good subscribers of course. If you are consistent newer viewers will watch your videos and see that you upload regulary and then ofcourse Subscribe as effect to that.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Ok I have been making vids fairly well, but I did lose my internet for a bit. Im going to start making vids again, but it seems like I am making the slowest Progress ever. I have made decent amount of vids I currently have 29 Subs. Can anyone help me out.
Hey Rick, as ITW Games and GBullzGaming said it does take a while to get back into the swing of things, YT can be a slow progress, gaining loads of subscribers and die hard viewers don't happen overnight. Channel growth is as a result of persistence and hard work, though I firmly believe that as a small YT channel (I'm talking about myself here) it shouldn't be about the amount of views or subscribers you have, as they are only a number. Look to making content you enjoy and that will come across in your recordings, and then keep pushing yourself to get better - start trying out new things, promote your content and start talking with other YouTuber's who knows they might be able to help give feedback or might even give you a shout out, like I did. Keep at it man and don't let the lack of progress dissuade you

Rick Griffin

Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2015
YouTube
Thank you guys for your support. I am going to keep this youtube channel, but Im making another as well. I want to make a youtube channel thats about mobile apps. then my SlyTheGamer account will be for minecraft and call of duty. Once again thanks if you can leave a comment on my vids i reply to every one.

The Gaming Heretic

Well-Known User
Aug 1, 2014
YouTube
Alright so just taking it from the top.. Let's see -

• I like your banner, so very well done on that.
  • Your front page isn't set up with play lists or moving along folks. You should edit your front page so that they see more then just uploads. Put play lists that draw the attention of folks.
  • Thumbnails, you need Thumbnails. I would suggest looking into software that allows you to make stuff that grabs the eye ;)
  • Your latest upload has a game with music that can barely be heard, no audio, and just a game. I would suggest, if uploading something like this - add some commentary or text on the video. (This would also help with not incurring infringing copyright, which i feel this video is on the borderline of doing)
  • In videos with your voice, your to close up on the microphone, and some what..not animated. Perhaps try to be a bit more engaged when talking? Act like your doing a comedy show or having fun with your friends..
This is just my opinion ofcourse - but that's what I'd do.

Rick Griffin

Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2015
YouTube
Alright so just taking it from the top.. Let's see -

• I like your banner, so very well done on that.
  • Your front page isn't set up with play lists or moving along folks. You should edit your front page so that they see more then just uploads. Put play lists that draw the attention of folks.
  • Thumbnails, you need Thumbnails. I would suggest looking into software that allows you to make stuff that grabs the eye ;)
  • Your latest upload has a game with music that can barely be heard, no audio, and just a game. I would suggest, if uploading something like this - add some commentary or text on the video. (This would also help with not incurring infringing copyright, which i feel this video is on the borderline of doing)
  • In videos with your voice, your to close up on the microphone, and some what..not animated. Perhaps try to be a bit more engaged when talking? Act like your doing a comedy show or having fun with your friends..
This is just my opinion ofcourse - but that's what I'd do.
I have Gimp i use to make thumbnails, but for some reason I just didn't make them, I think I may have muted myself, but thx for pointing that out.

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Collaborating with others can get your name out there more. Ask yourself, why should people watch me over the higher-subbed people?

Rick Griffin

Freedom! Member
Apr 29, 2015
YouTube
Use the right word in your title: "Advice" not advise.
Advise and Advice or pretty much the same thing
Advise- offer suggestions about the best course of action to someone.
Advice-guidance or recommendations concerning prudent future action, typically given by someone regarded as knowledgeable or authoritative.
I still see what you mean tho.