YouTube another copyright question

DraksTOP

New User
Hello guys! I was making gameplay video yesterday and there was only ingame sounds. No ingame music or other stuff. But today I got a claim for a part of video, there just was sound of wind blows. No other sounds, just the wind. And it was a ingame content. Should I send an appellate for this or just... may be game creators don't have the rights for this sounds of windblowing? It was the test video anyway, but I just wondering what to do in such type of cases in the future.

great tnx to anyone who answer!!!

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
It seems very strange they would only try and claim it for such a small part of the video and only for wind blowing. Did you have any commentary on the video or anything like that?

DraksTOP

New User
Yes. Claimant is CD Baby.
Claimed content:
Gentle Winds - Robbins Island Music Group
Sound recording 51:05 - 51:39 play match

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Thats really strange the first time I've heard of something this petty - what I mean there is that they are trying to claim the video just for wind blowing. Have the given you the option to remove that part of the audio from the video? Or if you have audio commentary on the video as well you could always try and get it excluded due to fair use but that's up to you, and it might not work as fair use isn't 100% guaranteed

DraksTOP

New User
Lol, guys. I have more fun today. Another video. Another game to play. Another claim.. for the ingame sound of night forest (birds singing etc.). WTF??!!!

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Dispute it, it's a false claim. Simply state your video is fair use.

The content ID system is just flagging it up automatically due to similar sounds.

Magikarp Films

Verified Freedom! Partner
Freedom! Member
weird. never would see "wind" being a copy right problem lmao XD. should blow into the mic and tell them that was you breathing.... like wind????? dang lmao talk about most weird "STOP" from youtube. i think i would dispute this problem as i can't see that being a real thing. and look into this "song' that has this "Wind" they say of.

DraksTOP

New User
Hi DraksTOP,
Good news! After reviewing your dispute, CD Baby has decided to release their copyright claim on your YouTube video. ...

Everything is ok. happy ending here )))