Request Am I cringey? Video Feedback Request!

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
Hey Freedom!

So I believe there's a fine line between exuberant and cringey. Perhaps cringe is in the eye of the beholder, I don't know. But it'd be a massive help if maybe some of you guys took the time to review my latest video and tell me what you thought?

Most notably, I do live action segments. These include filming in front of a camera and, considering I'm not the greatest cinematographer or actor, some of these segments don't always come out the way I envisioned them in my head. For example, in my video, I tweaked the contrast so much it looks like I'm radioactive!

I get a lot of feedback from friends saying I'm great and under-appreciated, but that sort of feedback doesn't help me grow. So if you guys could take a look at the video and give me a few pointers; tell me what made you laugh, what didn't, what drew you out of the video? That would be a HUGE help!

Thanks in advance, guys!

Gaming with Jennifer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Aug 28, 2014
YouTube
This is a good style of video - I liked it, so you got a sub from me. However this particular video felt a bit too long, and I was honestly starting to lose interest at about 4mins as it was starting to get a bit samey. If this was a highly anticipated game, I would have definitely kept watching though! I can see you put a lot of work into it, and it definitely pays off as all the different photos and clips really keeps the pace going. The sarcasm is definitely my sort of humour :) The only constructive thing I can really say is cut it down a bit, especially on a small game like this!

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
This is a good style of video - I liked it, so you got a sub from me. However this particular video felt a bit too long, and I was honestly starting to lose interest at about 4mins as it was starting to get a bit samey. If this was a highly anticipated game, I would have definitely kept watching though! I can see you put a lot of work into it, and it definitely pays off as all the different photos and clips really keeps the pace going. The sarcasm is definitely my sort of humour :) The only constructive thing I can really say is cut it down a bit, especially on a small game like this!

Man, TELL me about it! I planned for this video to be 8 minutes, tops.

I really do think I can get way too into my scripting XD Besides, it'd probably help with my video release times.

This is my main show, where about 50% of my effort goes. I have shorter reviews for games that'll offer less material, called Q-Reviews. And then I do some sketch stuff and that on the side, but this is my main series.

I will try to cut down a bit. But the style I'm going for is like JonTron or BrutalMoose. These episodes are meant to be more comical and flippant than my Q-Review series, that is a bit more informative.

But thank you so much for the critique! I will try my hardest to cut down XD

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hey Freedom!

So I believe there's a fine line between exuberant and cringey. Perhaps cringe is in the eye of the beholder, I don't know. But it'd be a massive help if maybe some of you guys took the time to review my latest video and tell me what you thought?

Most notably, I do live action segments. These include filming in front of a camera and, considering I'm not the greatest cinematographer or actor, some of these segments don't always come out the way I envisioned them in my head. For example, in my video, I tweaked the contrast so much it looks like I'm radioactive!

I get a lot of feedback from friends saying I'm great and under-appreciated, but that sort of feedback doesn't help me grow. So if you guys could take a look at the video and give me a few pointers; tell me what made you laugh, what didn't, what drew you out of the video? That would be a HUGE help!

Thanks in advance, guys!

Music might be a little too loud alongside your voice for your introduction.

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
Music might be a little too loud alongside your voice for your introduction.

Audio was never my strong suite XD

Thing is, EVERY time I do a new video, I forget something. This time, it was audio mixing. I could have increased the volume of my recorded voice in Audacity and then levelled everything accordingly. This time, I just hushed it together. I seem to really rush at the end.

Mental note for next time though!

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Audio was never my strong suite XD

Thing is, EVERY time I do a new video, I forget something. This time, it was audio mixing. I could have increased the volume of my recorded voice in Audacity and then levelled everything accordingly. This time, I just hushed it together. I seem to really rush at the end.

Mental note for next time though!
Hah, I know what you mean. I feel like I lower my volume too low for music now, because I get hesitant on messing with the volumes. No worries though, it takes a lot of time to master, but it's not a dealbreaker since it wasn't a huge difference :p

Reactions: IndieBin