Community Allow me to introduce myself

SadClown654

Freedom! Member
Jun 19, 2014
England
YouTube
SadClown654
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I looked around all the different forums so I thought I would stop by and let you know or remind any who have seen me in the past about who I am.

My name is Steve, My youtube name is SadClown654. I am a full time single dad living with my daughter currently 11 years old.

I like to game (I mean who doesn't these days lol) but that's not the only thing I enjoy about making youtube videos, I am probably 1 of the few who actually enjoy doing things like editing videos, searching out music/sound effects and so on because a good video no matter the amount of views when finished gives a sense of accomplishment.

I also like to make minecraft animations though they take me a very long time to complete.

If you want to stop by my channel and see for yourself you are more then welcome to,

https://www.youtube.com/user/SadClown654

Thanks for stopping by,
SadClown654

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I looked around all the different forums so I thought I would stop by and let you know or remind any who have seen me in the past about who I am.

My name is Steve, My youtube name is SadClown654. I am a full time single dad living with my daughter currently 11 years old.

I like to game (I mean who doesn't these days lol) but that's not the only thing I enjoy about making youtube videos, I am probably 1 of the few who actually enjoy doing things like editing videos, searching out music/sound effects and so on because a good video no matter the amount of views when finished gives a sense of accomplishment.

I also like to make minecraft animations though they take me a very long time to complete.

If you want to stop by my channel and see for yourself you are more then welcome to,

https://www.youtube.com/user/SadClown654

Thanks for stopping by,
SadClown654
Nice job writing a lot about yourself clown :p My dad's name is Steve! What do you do full time? Gaming is fun, what do you enjoy the most about making videos? Animations take a long time, but it can payoff in the end ^^

Zurhv

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Feb 6, 2016
YouTube
Welcome to Freedom!

I really like your YouTube name! I think it's funny :)

SadClown654

Freedom! Member
Jun 19, 2014
England
YouTube
SadClown654
Welcome to Freedom!

I really like your YouTube name! I think it's funny :)

Hey, atm I am looking for work, I have too big a gap on my CV from raising my daughter so even when explained alot don't take me on, my fav bit about making the videos (aside from playing the games lol) is the editing. Its a creative art of sorts like drawing or writing if that makes sense

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Hey, atm I am looking for work, I have too big a gap on my CV from raising my daughter so even when explained alot don't take me on, my fav bit about making the videos (aside from playing the games lol) is the editing. Its a creative art of sorts like drawing or writing if that makes sense
That's understandable, raising your family takes priority. Playing games works out great when you're having fun, and I'm glad that you enjoy editing. Some people just slap the uncut footage into youtube at times :p I understand what you're talking about.

SadClown654

Freedom! Member
Jun 19, 2014
England
YouTube
SadClown654
some times I make animated intros, other times I use game footage like the link below. some games have nothing but a fade in but even on stuff like that I at min use a 2nd editing program to edit out my pc noise before rendering for a much lower file size of about 1-2 gb (I use dx tory so i have a seperate track for my audio so i can sort out pc noise but it uses a great deal of gb per vid lol)

the link i mentioned is

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
some times I make animated intros, other times I use game footage like the link below. some games have nothing but a fade in but even on stuff like that I at min use a 2nd editing program to edit out my pc noise before rendering for a much lower file size of about 1-2 gb (I use dx tory so i have a seperate track for my audio so i can sort out pc noise but it uses a great deal of gb per vid lol)

the link i mentioned is
It's insane how many GB a file can have after recording. Having PC noise can get bothersome at times. Have you considered getting a higher-grade microphone as well?

SadClown654

Freedom! Member
Jun 19, 2014
England
YouTube
SadClown654
It's insane how many GB a file can have after recording. Having PC noise can get bothersome at times. Have you considered getting a higher-grade microphone as well?

I have got a slightly better mig now and boom arm for it but I have a pc with 3 fans (1 for intake, one for out bound air and 1 behind the hds) then there is 2 on my graphics card and ofc 1 on psu and 1 on cpu

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
Welcome to freedom :)

I'm glad to hear you love all aspects of youtube like you said not everyone likes to edit , I love editing , trying new things and seeing what I can do :)

how long you been on youtube for ?

I wish you the best !

SadClown654

Freedom! Member
Jun 19, 2014
England
YouTube
SadClown654
Welcome to freedom :)

I'm glad to hear you love all aspects of youtube like you said not everyone likes to edit , I love editing , trying new things and seeing what I can do :)

how long you been on youtube for ?

I wish you the best !

Longer then I care to admit given how my views have dropped lol. I have been at it 3-4 years now and in the last year my views have gone from aprox 10k per month (covering all vids not per vid) to 2k I have tried lots of different things to get it moving again with little success

Reactions: Prology

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I have got a slightly better mig now and boom arm for it but I have a pc with 3 fans (1 for intake, one for out bound air and 1 behind the hds) then there is 2 on my graphics card and ofc 1 on psu and 1 on cpu
That's nice that you're improving overall, what was the deciding factor for getting your current set-up?

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
Longer then I care to admit given how my views have dropped lol. I have been at it 3-4 years now and in the last year my views have gone from aprox 10k per month (covering all vids not per vid) to 2k I have tried lots of different things to get it moving again with little success

I think it just happens , a lot of youtubers go through that stage ! but keep doing what your doing , I'm coming to my second year on youtube soon ! My views have dropped a lot then gone back up :) I'm sure it will take off again :)

SadClown654

Freedom! Member
Jun 19, 2014
England
YouTube
SadClown654
I think it just happens , a lot of youtubers go through that stage ! but keep doing what your doing , I'm coming to my second year on youtube soon ! My views have dropped a lot then gone back up :) I'm sure it will take off again :)

I really hope so, it's not the fans that are what i enjoy about it but knowing that I have made content that people have enjoyed. I like doing things for others so it's depressing when I'm not entertaining people anymore and its hard to stop that coming through on the vids

Reactions: Prology