ADVICE!!!

OriginalNex TV

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I would appreciate some help and advice on how I can better my tag(s) on videos, I generally write up Tags on a word document like this ...

(Main tags)
OriginalNex, OriginalnexTv, ONTV, O.N.T.V and anything else related name wise....

Then I would put in - locations as a slightly general tag and the names of the videos..

After that I would just type up words that the channel in general does like say example "Religious" even if the video isnt about that, I put it in so I fill the tags...

IS THIS PROPER?

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
There are 2 main things you want tags for, 1 is so the video shows up when someone uses the youtube search bar and 2, so that the video shows up in the recommended list to the right when playing similar videos. You should be putting in what people are likely to search for. So not just the single term but the whole phrase, "how to do ...." and so on". It is good to tag things related to you and your channel so that your other videos shows up in suggested when playing a video of yours.

Here is an example for tags of one of my videos that is ranked quite high in search https://i.gyazo.com/3acb3923735a9f17c2a15352366b9809.png

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Thank you that was very enciteful[DOUBLEPOST=1482723521][/DOUBLEPOST]So a video on Pokemon Go would have tags about Pokemon like even random ones to be unique like Pokemoning, POKEYMON and stuff?
Yes but be sure to only include tags that are relevant to the video - don't include tags for things in general (like religion as you said in the original post) if it doesn't have anything to do with that otherwise you could be using misleading meta data and could result in your channel getting community guideline warnings. Another helpful thing to use - that was actually highlighted on the Freedom channel and across the forum is using rapidtags.io

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Thank you that was very enciteful[DOUBLEPOST=1482723521][/DOUBLEPOST]So a video on Pokemon Go would have tags about Pokemon like even random ones to be unique like Pokemoning, POKEYMON and stuff?

Yes but as Zeke said it should be about the video if somewhere were to search for it, so if in the video you found a Pikachu, good tags could be "finding a pikachu", "finding a pikachu in pokemon go", "where to find pikachu in pokemon go" and so on.