Advertisers on YouTube comments

UnstoppableFrost

Well-Known User
Mar 1, 2016
Australia
YouTube
I've been doing YouTube for about 2 months and i've got 7 people advertising their channel in my comments, what I mean by this is they say great video or something like that and since you're a small YouTuber you're pretty vulnerable to that then right after they say could you check out my videos or something, I really don't like these people and I delete every single advertising comment I see, what do you guys do about them?

aJay

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 31, 2016
YouTube
ajayishappy
Youtube usually reads them as spam for me and needs approval before being in the video comments so I just leave them there, but one person does it to every single one of my videos I will just mute them.

Reactions: UnstoppableFrost

TheAimGames

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Apr 13, 2014
Where the sun doesn't shine
YouTube
I really hate those type of people in my comments section. It's clear that they're not even interested in your video when they comment "Great vid, I subbed" on one part and the other 99% are full of their self advertisements and they didn't even subscribe to your channel! Even channels that are bigger than mine, as big as 22k, are doing this to my own channel!

I remove these types of comment because I don't appreciate them coming to my videos just to advertise their channel and say "great vid".

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I've been doing YouTube for about 2 months and i've got 7 people advertising their channel in my comments, what I mean by this is they say great video or something like that and since you're a small YouTuber you're pretty vulnerable to that then right after they say could you check out my videos or something, I really don't like these people and I delete every single advertising comment I see, what do you guys do about them?
I know exactly what you mean. People do that on my videos every few days because of freedom in general. They expect you to notice them, and they try to get your attention. Sometimes it can be genuine though. I don't delete them anymore, since I have my comments reviewed before they can be seen for the public.