Ads from start vs Ads at end!

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
I think for 2016 to put ads at the end of the video. This temp tries not scary off the sub, but hope people are happy. I think, I should give this a try for 1yr to see how it go. Ya. I most likely will not make any money from this. But from what I was reading from the last yr. Ads were driving user crazy. So I ask you this

for Adblock user:
Will you still use AdBlock if all ads at the end of the video?
If I ask, you turn it off if I told you ads at the end of the video. Will you do it?
All other:
Do you use youtube red and why?
You think this is a good temp to not scary user off?
Do you think this can hurt profit on my youtube?

let me know how you feel about this.

MyGamingFace

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 26, 2015
YouTube
I absolutely hate having to watch ads, halfway or when the video is almost done! I would rather get the ad over with, so I can watch the rest of the video knowing that nothing is going to disturb me.

Kratos Aurion

You Earnestly believe you could defeat me?
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
YouTube
To me I consider middle of the video ads to be the worst. If people aren't using adblock or youtube red then they should already know to expect ads at the start of videos so they shouldn't have a problem with that otherwise they weren't interested in your content in the first place. End ads won't hurt anyone especially since you aren't forced to watch it all and can click onto another video while it is running.

Now if you were already watching a video and just have one pop up right in the middle of it for no reason that could annoy even the people who are used to seeing ads. I definitely would not recommend using mid ads.

Robin “Williams” Muscato

My Youtube Channel
Freedom! Member
May 31, 2015
YouTube
I think your right. This why I never ask about the middle. Nothing like try to tell people stuff and have ads pop up to cut that off and losing the point.

Plus if I only going be making only so little. My best bet is put it at the end and build up a fan. I can live with not making much money at this point

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
A trick I used to do on my old channel was I would put a midroll ad 1 second before the end of the video, then have an ending ad play. I think it'd be better for music channels as their viewers would have the music playing in the background and would barely fret at the hearing of an ad.
Although I would not advise this if you are not a music channel.

thefightinggamer

Jun 16, 2014
Michigan,USA
YouTube
FightingGamer2
I think for 2016 to put ads at the end of the video. This temp tries not scary off the sub, but hope people are happy. I think, I should give this a try for 1yr to see how it go. Ya. I most likely will not make any money from this. But from what I was reading from the last yr. Ads were driving user crazy. So I ask you this

for Adblock user:
Will you still use AdBlock if all ads at the end of the video?
If I ask, you turn it off if I told you ads at the end of the video. Will you do it?
All other:
Do you use youtube red and why?
You think this is a good temp to not scary user off?
Do you think this can hurt profit on my youtube?

let me know how you feel about this.
I'd most like put it in the middle because if you put it at the end most viewers will have already clicked off of the video and is now watching something different