Solved Ad fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motion Bros

New User
Dec 15, 2015
YouTube
I have a big question I know it said that if you have ad.fly on your youtube channel you account will get terminated but I also heard if you inform them in the video and the description saying that this link will go to an ad and then a link your account wont get terminated is this true or not and is their any other exception?

Nerd

Apr 22, 2014
Lithuania
YouTube
ConfusedNerdTV
Well I am NOT youtube's representative so I cant say for sure, but the way I understand it is that its not allowed, even if you put a message out about what it is. People may not necessery see you saying that etc. Allso youtube will NOT (99,9% of the time) check your video to see if you include anything like that or not, most of the flagging/termination is done via automated process.

Reactions: Fourth Wall Games
Upvote 0

Fourth Wall Games

A Sarcastic Brit
Aug 17, 2014
London, UK
youtube.com
YouTube
Just to confirm what @Nerd has said. You are NOT allowed to use adfly or any other advertising service within your video description. Even if it is going to your blog or you mention that it is an advert.

YouTube's rule is: Any link that does not take you to the page described. An adfly link shows you an advert instead of the page requested, and so is against the ToS. Even if you mention there is an ad, the ad is not the advertised destination of the link and so is not allowed.

Upvote 0

Motion Bros

New User
Dec 15, 2015
YouTube
Just to confirm what @Nerd has said. You are NOT allowed to use adfly or any other advertising service within your video description. Even if it is going to your blog or you mention that it is an advert.

YouTube's rule is: Any link that does not take you to the page described. An adfly link shows you an advert instead of the page requested, and so is against the ToS. Even if you mention there is an ad, the ad is not the advertised destination of the link and so is not allowed.
I understand But I addressing that it takes you to ad.fly so then that saying that the user is going to the exact link that I told them they would go so it that still breaking the rules since I am notifing them that they will go to ad.fly. I understand telling them to go to this texture pack and making them go to ad.fly is BAD but If I tell them they will go to an advert its is correct that they are going to a advert so I am not tricking them and I am giving them what they want..[DOUBLEPOST=1450320917][/DOUBLEPOST]I remember a freedom video talking about youtube video termination and he got to adverts and said it is OKAY to adress them that they will go to an advert

Upvote 0

MentalGnat

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Apr 26, 2015
England, UK
YouTube
MentalGnat
As @Fourth Wall Games and @Nerd said you are not allowed even if you put a message saying this is an advert or whatever. It's just not allowed as it's still classed as mis-leading. Though it would be nice if there made it more clear for people.

Plus people DO NOT like adfly links, there think there are annoying so even if YouTube doesn't detect it themselves someone will just report you video anway.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.