Solved Account enabled for monetisation, but no monetisation button on recent videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surviv0r

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
Finland
YouTube
So I have a few videos monetised already. I uploaded more videos, but I cannot enable monetisation for them. I can't even disable monetisation for the older videos. The whole monetisation tab is missing when I go edit the video in Video Manager. I also cannot manage settings related to Ads (what ads will be displayed and such).

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Ok thats a bit strange. Have you had any copyright strikes / community strikes recently? And would it be possible for you to submit a copy of your YouTube status and features page please?

Upvote 0

Crazylawrence

The Crazy Boi
Freedom! Member
Feb 10, 2016
Lowestoft
LawrenceGilder
So I have a few videos monetised already. I uploaded more videos, but I cannot enable monetisation for them. I can't even disable monetisation for the older videos. The whole monetisation tab is missing when I go edit the video in Video Manager. I also cannot manage settings related to Ads (what ads will be displayed and such).

Hello

Even to me, this sounds very strange, and I have not heard this happen to people. Please submit your features page to Zeke, but could you also contact YouTube directly, as it sounds like an issue on their end.

Upvote 0

Surviv0r

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
Finland
YouTube
Here you go. Seems like everything is fine, no strikes, no nothing. (The older videos have the green 'Monetised' dollard next to them and the newer videos don't have an icon at all.) @zeke morgan

04055708b9688f21e9d0abce3179437b.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Here you go. Seems like everything is fine, no strikes, no nothing. (The older videos have the green 'Monetised' dollard next to them and the newer videos don't have an icon at all.) @zeke morgan

View attachment 17008
If there is no icon, I.e nothing at all it would appear that the video isn't available for monetisation based on what you have told me. You may find the following article helpful, as it deals with all the symbols you may see on your Youtube monetisation section
https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2990415?hl=en-GB

Upvote 0

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member

View attachment 17008
Could it be that the video you spoke of containts certain content making it not eligible to monetize. Sometimes a video can contain certain music of fragments wich led to an auto-disable of the option wich you should be notified on, otherwise it could be a bug.

Upvote 0

Surviv0r

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jul 22, 2014
Finland
YouTube
Here is a screenshot of some of my videos in the Video Manager. Some are monetised, some are not.

a.png

Okay, nothing weird about that, right? I just can't monetise the recent videos. Well.. I cannot disable monetisation for the videos that I have monetised already. The whole tab is missing from the edit screen. (The video below is monetised)
b.png
@Ral El
@zeke morgan

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.