YouTube About Ads

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Regular YouTube viewers are not able to tell the difference between the kinds of ads placed on a small channel and those on a larger channel. Repeat viewers may be a bit edged by a unskippable 30 second ad, but as a small channel, your audience should still be 90-95% not subscribed, and the longer it stays that way, the better.

There is also a small 'conspiracy' that YouTube will place videos that are monetized higher in the search rankings than those that are not. Take that as you will.

Reactions: Yakov Takser

Yakov Takser

Rising User
Mar 2, 2017
YouTube
Regular YouTube viewers are not able to tell the difference between the kinds of ads placed on a small channel and those on a larger channel. Repeat viewers may be a bit edged by a unskippable 30 second ad, but as a small channel, your audience should still be 90-95% not subscribed, and the longer it stays that way, the better.

There is also a small 'conspiracy' that YouTube will place videos that are monetized higher in the search rankings than those that are not. Take that as you will.
Thank you for the answer.

Yakov Takser

Rising User
Mar 2, 2017
YouTube
I just let YouTube do it's thing and have everything default, if people like my channel they can sit thought the ad :D I have also heard the same as Nolan that YouTube is more likely to showcase videos in the sidebar that make them money. Which I guess would make sense....
Thank you :).