Subscriber Milestone About a week late but I finally got 80 subs

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Yea thats not too bad atleast you hit the target! Better late than never i suppose. Whats your next target?

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Hoping to hit 100 by the end of the year or at least 90.
How come your aiming for such a low target in a massive space of time? I reckon you can aim so much higher! For example i aimed for 500 subs by xmas when i started youtube in the summer and i just about made it nicely, now im aiming for 5k for next year. Ok my target is a little crazy but im sure you can aim maybe for 300 to 500? Or has growth been that bad?

JayLazoris

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 9, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
jaylazoris
How come your aiming for such a low target in a massive space of time? I reckon you can aim so much higher! For example i aimed for 500 subs by xmas when i started youtube in the summer and i just about made it nicely, now im aiming for 5k for next year. Ok my target is a little crazy but im sure you can aim maybe for 300 to 500? Or has growth been that bad?
Because I haven't had the best of luck getting subs for some reason and really I feel like I'll be lucky to get to 100 subs this year. I would love to be able to get 500 subs this year but I don't see that happening. The main reason is I get to many people who just come to my videos to comment something on the lines of nice video could you come and check out me channel/video and then don't sub or like the video to help me out.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Because I haven't had the best of luck getting subs for some reason and really I feel like I'll be lucky to get to 100 subs this year. I would love to be able to get 500 subs this year but I don't see that happening. The main reason is I get to many people who just come to my videos to comment something on the lines of nice video could you come and check out me channel/video and then don't sub or like the video to help me out.
Yea spammers and sub 4 sub people are just a pain! They never learn that to succeed you have to work at it and not swap favours. I believe whether your luck has been bad or not u can make it well past 100 this year dw. But yea just ignore and report those kinds of comments they just damage your channel, just keep working and things will change im sure.

JayLazoris

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 9, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
jaylazoris
Yea spammers and sub 4 sub people are just a pain! They never learn that to succeed you have to work at it and not swap favours. I believe whether your luck has been bad or not u can make it well past 100 this year dw. But yea just ignore and report those kinds of comments they just damage your channel, just keep working and things will change im sure.
must of those comment are in my spam so nobody sees them but it will always suck to see that I have a new comment then I see it's one of those types. I hope your right that I get passed 100 subs this year also my main goal is to just start growing even if it's just 1 sub a week.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
must of those comment are in my spam so nobody sees them but it will always suck to see that I have a new comment then I see it's one of those types. I hope your right that I get passed 100 subs this year also my main goal is to just start growing even if it's just 1 sub a week.
I have seen your channel and can i maybe suggest you play more current games? Atleast this will help u generate more views for the time being to get you started. Also you might want to consider a new channel banner to spruce up your channels appearance? I may sound a little critical but i find thats the best way because obviously somthing isnt working if your growth is that slow, and obviously the shovel game your playing isnt generating views atall. Its just somthing to think about bro. Trust me i changed my channel appearance after 3 months of starting youtube and i saw my growth go from 50 subs to over 500 with the following 3 months lol but obviously people also responded to the games i played in that time too. So whatever u decide i wish you goodluck but i do think a few small changes can help.

JayLazoris

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 9, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
jaylazoris
I have seen your channel and can i maybe suggest you play more current games? Atleast this will help u generate more views for the time being to get you started. Also you might want to consider a new channel banner to spruce up your channels appearance? I may sound a little critical but i find thats the best way because obviously somthing isnt working if your growth is that slow, and obviously the shovel game your playing isnt generating views atall. Its just somthing to think about bro. Trust me i changed my channel appearance after 3 months of starting youtube and i saw my growth go from 50 subs to over 500 with the following 3 months lol but obviously people also responded to the games i played in that time too. So whatever u decide i wish you goodluck but i do think a few small changes can help.
Well I did change the banner just recently it's just with that and thumbnail I can never think of anything interesting that I would like to change it to. Shovel Knight is a game I streamed a little while ago so I'm uploading that so it's up somewhere if someone wants to see it. I also don't have the money to go out and buy the newest game all the time and ya I know that playing newer games might get you more views but everybody is doing that so unless I get the games and uploaded it before anybody else why would you go to the guy with 80 subs when a channel with 100,000 or more subs is playing the same game at the same time. I like playing game that I know and like I will end up playing a game around the time it comes out (looking at halo wars 2) but I'm not going to be able to beat bigger channels to the punch on new games. All I can do right now is try to get some regular viewers and grow from there. Also I'm not saying you have to do it for me nor am I asking you too but if you do go onto a smaller youtube channel and you think they are really good and need a little bit of a push start liking and/or sharing some of there videos and maybe a couple of your subs will wonder over and sub to that channel.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Well I did change the banner just recently it's just with that and thumbnail I can never think of anything interesting that I would like to change it to. Shovel Knight is a game I streamed a little while ago so I'm uploading that so it's up somewhere if someone wants to see it. I also don't have the money to go out and buy the newest game all the time and ya I know that playing newer games might get you more views but everybody is doing that so unless I get the games and uploaded it before anybody else why would you go to the guy with 80 subs when a channel with 100,000 or more subs is playing the same game at the same time. I like playing game that I know and like I will end up playing a game around the time it comes out (looking at halo wars 2) but I'm not going to be able to beat bigger channels to the punch on new games. All I can do right now is try to get some regular viewers and grow from there. Also I'm not saying you have to do it for me nor am I asking you too but if you do go onto a smaller youtube channel and you think they are really good and need a little bit of a push start liking and/or sharing some of there videos and maybe a couple of your subs will wonder over and sub to that channel.
Yea i know obviously small channels cant compete with big ones when it comes to launching a game whether its new or not but thats always going to be the case. What you will find is that some people get tired of the bigger channels and look for alternatives and thats your target area. I know nobody can afford every game ofc i know that but that wasnt what i was saying. I was just saying that the odd new game now and again will go a long way to bringing people in. I do like the fact that your playing games you like! Thats a positive ofc because your naturally happy. I understand what your saying about if people like smaller channels they could share and like their videos but that doesnt happen sadly (not from other channels i mean) thats somthing that has to be earned off fans. I dont know if you were trying to imply me there but at the end of the day i have a tiny channel anyway lol and I havnt had the help of other big channels advertising me, i worked hard to get where i am today (i never sub 4 sub nor do i ever ask for shoutouts or advertising help from other channels) i dont think its fair to ask that of somone who has done well for themselves, too many people think they are owed help but at the end of the day they have to understand this takes time and alot of work and cant just mooch of somone elses success. I suppose for somone to really take that risk of helping another person they would truely have to like your channel. The way i see it is yes we should all help eachother by giving opinions and tips but not so much for getting bigger channels to advertise your own, it needs to be earned.

JayLazoris

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 9, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
jaylazoris
Yea i know obviously small channels cant compete with big ones when it comes to launching a game whether its new or not but thats always going to be the case. What you will find is that some people get tired of the bigger channels and look for alternatives and thats your target area. I know nobody can afford every game ofc i know that but that wasnt what i was saying. I was just saying that the odd new game now and again will go a long way to bringing people in. I do like the fact that your playing games you like! Thats a positive ofc because your naturally happy. I understand what your saying about if people like smaller channels they could share and like their videos but that doesnt happen sadly (not from other channels i mean) thats somthing that has to be earned off fans. I dont know if you were trying to imply me there but at the end of the day i have a tiny channel anyway lol and I havnt had the help of other big channels advertising me, i worked hard to get where i am today (i never sub 4 sub nor do i ever ask for shoutouts or advertising help from other channels) i dont think its fair to ask that of somone who has done well for themselves, too many people think they are owed help but at the end of the day they have to understand this takes time and alot of work and cant just mooch of somone elses success. I suppose for somone to really take that risk of helping another person they would truely have to like your channel. The way i see it is yes we should all help eachother by giving opinions and tips but not so much for getting bigger channels to advertise your own, it needs to be earned.
I've never done a sub 4 sub or anything like it ether. What I said at the end is something everybody should do. I think at times people can be a little to focused on themselves so instead of commenting on a video also liking and sharing it they just comment thinking that they would get more views out of it some how. Trust me I'm all about earning you subs the hard/right way but that doesn't mean somebody couldn't help out by liking and sharing. Youtube right now is about how many views, the length of the view, likes, comments, and shares you get.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I've never done a sub 4 sub or anything like it ether. What I said at the end is something everybody should do. I think at times people can be a little to focused on themselves so instead of commenting on a video also liking and sharing it they just comment thinking that they would get more views out of it some how. Trust me I'm all about earning you subs the hard/right way but that doesn't mean somebody couldn't help out by liking and sharing. Youtube right now is about how many views, the length of the view, likes, comments, and shares you get.
Yea i understand BUT then if everyone did that then youtube wouldnt be what it is. If everyone liked and shared everyones videos for the sake of it then the high quality channels will be on level terms with the people who put no effort in. Which would cause a drop in overall level. Yes there are some small channels who really do deserve alot more than what they get but the only reason soo many people do it these days is because they have seen what can be achieved by the front runners. To be fair the first big stars who made somthing of it early on deserve to be where they are (some lol) because they got there first and pushed for it and now everyone wants that. The other problem with what you are suggesting is that most people who make content on youtube dont actually watch youtube lol mainly because they dont have the spare time. Take myself for example i work a crazy hour job and have alot going on in life and yet spend what i can making daily videos, i have no time for much else because i work so hard at it. So yes ofc people are going to be focused on their own content, otherwise if your not focusing on what your doing what is the point of it. The problem with some small channels is that they think they are owed somthing from those above but i dont see it that way, im a small channel but i dont think im owed support or help, i took the decision to start, so therefor its up to me to make it work if you understand what i mean. Yes ofc i would love help to grow, everyone would but that doesnt mean i think i deserve or should get it. At the end of the day its a business no matter what anyone says, and in business you look after your own so you cant blame people who dont help others promote. I help people but in the way of giving helpful opinions on the content and channel etc...and thats what this site is for really.

JayLazoris

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 9, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
jaylazoris
Yea i understand BUT then if everyone did that then youtube wouldnt be what it is. If everyone liked and shared everyones videos for the sake of it then the high quality channels will be on level terms with the people who put no effort in. Which would cause a drop in overall level. Yes there are some small channels who really do deserve alot more than what they get but the only reason soo many people do it these days is because they have seen what can be achieved by the front runners. To be fair the first big stars who made somthing of it early on deserve to be where they are (some lol) because they got there first and pushed for it and now everyone wants that. The other problem with what you are suggesting is that most people who make content on youtube dont actually watch youtube lol mainly because they dont have the spare time. Take myself for example i work a crazy hour job and have alot going on in life and yet spend what i can making daily videos, i have no time for much else because i work so hard at it. So yes ofc people are going to be focused on their own content, otherwise if your not focusing on what your doing what is the point of it. The problem with some small channels is that they think they are owed somthing from those above but i dont see it that way, im a small channel but i dont think im owed support or help, i took the decision to start, so therefor its up to me to make it work if you understand what i mean. Yes ofc i would love help to grow, everyone would but that doesnt mean i think i deserve or should get it. At the end of the day its a business no matter what anyone says, and in business you look after your own so you cant blame people who dont help others promote. I help people but in the way of giving helpful opinions on the content and channel etc...and thats what this site is for really.
I'm not talking about liking and commenting on ever video you see but if you do enjoy the video you should like and comment. And if you go into Youtube like a business your not going into it right for most youtubers it is only a hobby it needs to be something you do for fun not just because you can make money at it and that's what I mean people are to focused on the money that they will comment on bigger and smaller channel asking people to check out there own channel.

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
I'm not talking about liking and commenting on ever video you see but if you do enjoy the video you should like and comment. And if you go into Youtube like a business your not going into it right for most youtubers it is only a hobby it needs to be something you do for fun not just because you can make money at it and that's what I mean people are to focused on the money that they will comment on bigger and smaller channel asking people to check out there own channel.
Yea but thats the thing for the majority of people and i would safely say over 90% are in the hopes they will make it a job one day, i mean lets be honest who wouldnt? Yes for alot of us its a hobby right now but everyone hopes for more than that whether they admit it or not because they wouldnt care how many views they get. Yea in a perfect world if you liked somones channel you would maybe help by sharing and liking but at they end of the day thats more for the people and fans to decide and determine, not bigger channels. The thing small channels have to realise is if you have been doing youtube for longer than 2 to 3 years and have had regular uploads and havnt passed the 1000 sub mark then its fairly obvious that the channel isnt working. Its a sad thought but its true because by the time 3 years have gone by more than enough people wouldve passed and judged a channel. So at this point either a major change is needed or it just isnt going to work, its a harsh reality. I know this to be true because i have seen people who have been doing it for 5 or so years and have only got 100 or so subs, but other have gone from 0 to 1000 in a year or even less. People just have to realise that if your channel is truely any good in time it will recieve notice without being advertised by others.

Reactions: AFKPlays

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Yea but thats the thing for the majority of people and i would safely say over 90% are in the hopes they will make it a job one day, i mean lets be honest who wouldnt? Yes for alot of us its a hobby right now but everyone hopes for more than that whether they admit it or not because they wouldnt care how many views they get. Yea in a perfect world if you liked somones channel you would maybe help by sharing and liking but at they end of the day thats more for the people and fans to decide and determine, not bigger channels. The thing small channels have to realise is if you have been doing youtube for longer than 2 to 3 years and have had regular uploads and havnt passed the 1000 sub mark then its fairly obvious that the channel isnt working. Its a sad thought but its true because by the time 3 years have gone by more than enough people wouldve passed and judged a channel. So at this point either a major change is needed or it just isnt going to work, its a harsh reality. I know this to be true because i have seen people who have been doing it for 5 or so years and have only got 100 or so subs, but other have gone from 0 to 1000 in a year or even less. People just have to realise that if your channel is truely any good in time it will recieve notice without being advertised by others.
Wow man! You're really into this! And yea what you said is absolutely true! But most definitely the treatment of channels who put out good content or atleast much better than the amount of subs they currently have, is pretty pathetic! I mean I've been growing pretty slow and all those who comment are stupid spammers and stuff....of course I do have a set of people who enjoy my content! But the idiots who spam....spam on a daily basis...and what's more they give a view for like 2 seconds, which means the average watch times of the video gets significantly reduced...what I'm saying is....they do more harm a lot more harm...and how in the world can small channels grow from now???

Reactions: MSHAY Gaming

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Wow man! You're really into this! And yea what you said is absolutely true! But most definitely the treatment of channels who put out good content or atleast much better than the amount of subs they currently have, is pretty pathetic! I mean I've been growing pretty slow and all those who comment are stupid spammers and stuff....of course I do have a set of people who enjoy my content! But the idiots who spam....spam on a daily basis...and what's more they give a view for like 2 seconds, which means the average watch times of the video gets significantly reduced...what I'm saying is....they do more harm a lot more harm...and how in the world can small channels grow from now???
Yea spammers ruin youtube and can destroy smaller channels, they are like leeches who try to drain every last bit from you to try and gain subs. It sucks that they get away with it alot. They pretend to like your content and sub then a day later that sub goes away and you then think bad about yourself. Yea this post has got out of hand haha but yea i mean its hard for us smaller channels to grow, its a constant battle and there are times where i do get de-moralised badly like today for example. At the end of the day small channels no matter how good the content is get over looked which ofc is harsh! But at the same time if your really that good whatever views you do get should return so over time you will grow, its a slow process. I just cant stand it when people think they are owed somthing just because they are not as big as the giant channels out there, people have to learn to work for themselves and not rely in the easy route. From day one i have worked hard and never had a shred of help in terms of promotion and all that. The only help i get are from channel reviews and opinions on here and thats how it should be. This isnt easy and if it was everyone would do it, the thing is there are millions of small channels out there and because of that if bigger channels helped promote us then it would eventually kill youtube over time because there would be no unique difference in numbers. Youtube as a job would obviously stop too for some. Its hard to accept but alot of us will have to rely on luck, hard work and determination but thats how it should be in my mind. Its somthing to earn! Besides people who say its a hobby but then complain about their numbers are liars, they obviously are expecting or wanting to make it full time. People who do genuinly have this as a hobby wouldnt care too much and would just carry on. We all secretly hope we can make somthing of it. Atleast i believe that.

AFKPlays

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Sep 19, 2016
India
YouTube
AFK_YT
Yea spammers ruin youtube and can destroy smaller channels, they are like leeches who try to drain every last bit from you to try and gain subs. It sucks that they get away with it alot. They pretend to like your content and sub then a day later that sub goes away and you then think bad about yourself. Yea this post has got out of hand haha but yea i mean its hard for us smaller channels to grow, its a constant battle and there are times where i do get de-moralised badly like today for example. At the end of the day small channels no matter how good the content is get over looked which ofc is harsh! But at the same time if your really that good whatever views you do get should return so over time you will grow, its a slow process. I just cant stand it when people think they are owed somthing just because they are not as big as the giant channels out there, people have to learn to work for themselves and not rely in the easy route. From day one i have worked hard and never had a shred of help in terms of promotion and all that. The only help i get are from channel reviews and opinions on here and thats how it should be. This isnt easy and if it was everyone would do it, the thing is there are millions of small channels out there and because of that if bigger channels helped promote us then it would eventually kill youtube over time because there would be no unique difference in numbers. Youtube as a job would obviously stop too for some. Its hard to accept but alot of us will have to rely on luck, hard work and determination but thats how it should be in my mind. Its somthing to earn! Besides people who say its a hobby but then complain about their numbers are liars, they obviously are expecting or wanting to make it full time. People who do genuinly have this as a hobby wouldnt care too much and would just carry on. We all secretly hope we can make somthing of it. Atleast i believe that.
Ahhh that's really accurate man! Looks like you love doing Youtube too :D Let's hope for the best!

Reactions: MSHAY Gaming

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
Ahhh that's really accurate man! Looks like you love doing Youtube too :D Let's hope for the best!
Yea i get a little passionate about it at times as you can see haha but yes i do enjoy it and even though it can be hard at times i still like making content. The best thing for me is the positive reactions from people and knowing they enjoy the content it makes it worthwhile. Yes best of luck to you too! Lets hope it works out.