HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
Hey guys,

I had a conversation previously with a relatively new and young Youtuber who didn't understand why I had an unlisted video which I haven't released yet. I went on to explain that sometimes when I'm low on content that's considered my filler video, meaning I can uphold my schedule in case life happened and I didn't have time to edit or upload anything new.
I went on to explain that having videos like this does help relive some pressure to creators who stress out over having content for their viewers. I always say try and have at least two weeks worth of content available (depending on your upload schedule of course) with at least one or two unlisted videos as a filler in case something happens.
He understood in the end, but was still baffled as to why I wasn't releasing it considering I don't upload 7 days a week.

Look, in all honesty 7 day upload is extremely difficult to uphold especially when this isn't your full time job and you don't have access to a computer where you can edit your videos all day. If I did, then it would be different. I explained that having a schedule which meets your capabilities is what matters. Quality over quantity, I would rather upload four days a week, than 7 and provide better content rather than something I threw together quickly just to meet my schedule.

Sorry, this went on somewhat of a rant, but nonetheless my message is to always have a short small filler video on your unlisted list just as a backup if you should ever potentially miss a day. It helps in the long run and takes a lot of stress off your shoulders.

Reactions: zeke morgan and LW

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
huh I have never done this, though I can see how it is usefull for I have had a few ties that I had to push back the release date of the next video due to complications

Reactions: HealPleaseHeal

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
I also use unlisted videos as for patreon bonuses, so they can see readymade videos at least 24 hours before they go public.
Another great use for them[DOUBLEPOST=1512569860][/DOUBLEPOST]
huh I have never done this, though I can see how it is usefull for I have had a few ties that I had to push back the release date of the next video due to complications
The video in question for me is about 2 minutes in length and is just highlights. Just a good filler video.