A Question for CoD Players

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
I've been making videos mainly for Call of Duty these last couple of months. Generally I try to use my better games while I do a voice over on the gameplay. Does the gameplay matter when you watch a video? Do you want to see high K/D ratios, or are you there more for the commentary? Any suggestions and input is much appreciated, I want to make sure to deliver the best content I can!

Reactions: james swartley

RewindThatGaming

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 18, 2016
Ashland, PA
YouTube
Any time I watch youtube gaming channel, I usually I watch both gameplay and commentary but I care less with K/D Ratio but have to be some entertain with good community and its smart idea you do pre-record.

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
Any time I watch youtube gaming channel, I usually I watch both gameplay and commentary but I care less with K/D Ratio but have to be some entertain with good community and its smart idea you do pre-record.
I'm trying to give the best of both, I'm just trying to understand what the community likes. I want to live up to the standard

Hoardy Flame

Respected User
Feb 16, 2016
YouTube
i'd say when I watch a mulitplayer commentary video. the things i enjoy watching in terms of gameplay are big streaks. so like you getting a rasp or something. while the thing that makes me clicking this kind of video is the title about the commentary. a wumbo combo of that is probably the best :)

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
i'd say when I watch a mulitplayer commentary video. the things i enjoy watching in terms of gameplay are big streaks. so like you getting a rasp or something. while the thing that makes me clicking this kind of video is the title about the commentary. a wumbo combo of that is probably the best :)
I love getting the big streaks like that! I was actually one away from a nuclear a little over a week ago and I was pumped!

LeGenDaryPuLse

Mythic User
Nov 26, 2015
Not in Fallout 4
YouTube
For Commentaries feel that a lot of people are there more for what is being said than shown. With that being said lots of people kind of care about the gameplay. Pretty much don't be dying every 5 seconds and you gucci

LanokirX

Respected User
Feb 9, 2016
Värnamo, Sweden
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Think it much depends on the person. Some want to see a cool and epic kill video etc, others want comments and such. I do got a bit of fans for my Team Fortress 2 vids, though I suck at it the reason they like it is cause they think Im funny to watch. As well give people a chance to play and join for videos/streams, could do that too? Think many would love to get a chance for that. : )

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
For Commentaries feel that a lot of people are there more for what is being said than shown. With that being said lots of people kind of care about the gameplay. Pretty much don't be dying every 5 seconds and you gucci
It makes sense! I try to do my best to balance gameplay with commentary, but I put emphasis on my voice so I come out clearly

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
Think it much depends on the person. Some want to see a cool and epic kill video etc, others want comments and such. I do got a bit of fans for my Team Fortress 2 vids, though I suck at it the reason they like it is cause they think Im funny to watch. As well give people a chance to play and join for videos/streams, could do that too? Think many would love to get a chance for that. : )
I definitely like playing with the people that watch my streams! But I know what you're saying, comedy is definitely a great feat when it comes to commentary personality

iTsEazi00

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 12, 2016
DC METRO AREA
YouTube
I've been making videos mainly for Call of Duty these last couple of months. Generally I try to use my better games while I do a voice over on the gameplay. Does the gameplay matter when you watch a video? Do you want to see high K/D ratios, or are you there more for the commentary? Any suggestions and input is much appreciated, I want to make sure to deliver the best content I can!
I am for the commentary, I don't mind the gameplay or KDs cause this year that just means your good at spawn trapping lol

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
For me it would be the gameplay, and how a person plays, wich weapons, perks, ect alongside with some good commentary :)

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
YouTube
For me it would be the gameplay, and how a person plays, wich weapons, perks, ect alongside with some good commentary :)
I know what you're saying. I find it a little boring when someone uses the same gun all the time. I like being versatile in what I use. That's why I watch TheMarkofJ. Dude's absolutely insane with every gun

Reactions: TwilightPrinze

james swartley

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 14, 2016
YouTube
Hey man not promoting just saying i do cod as well and i just try to mix it up and keep doing different things and if you notice people are liking some styles more than another do that style a little more.. hope that helps