YouTube A question about Ad rates.

Mr Hyde

New User
Apr 6, 2017
Hello,
I have a question about AD RATES (in attachments there is a picture, so you can easily see what I'm talking about :)
1) The display Ads section has CPM $0.01 ( Most of the views are from USA ), I had 100 ad impressions and I didn't earn anything...
2) Skippable video ads: for 4 ad impressions I earned 0.10 $
*So why would I keep "Display Ads" when I can't earn from them :(
* Can I disable them ?
Main thing: I do not see any point to keep them running on my videos for free.
Thanks

Have a nice day :)

Attachments

• Revenue1.jpg
    Revenue1.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 5

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
No, you cannot disable display ads without disabling monetisation entirely. CPM is a highly inaccurate number, so don't trust it. If you don't want any ads running, disable monetisation. This requires your video to not have any claims. If you want to earn more than display ads, enable more ad formats by visiting your video manager, selecting a video, selecting monetisation and checking more boxes.

Also note ad types are one type of ad out of four and only pay if the viewer is on desktop.

Reactions: Mr Hyde

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
CPM basically is another way of saying how much you would earn for 1,000 ad impressions (or clicks). To answer your initial query regarding why you made nothing of 100 ad impressions from a CPM of 0.01 - this is simply that you haven't earned enough clicks for that ad source to earn enough. As 10% of 0.01 would be 0.001 of a penny.

Advertisement frequency and CPM can change throughout the year in line with particular advertisement drives or particular things - such as if a certain advertiser wanted to get more attention to a product. As for disabling ads you can't disable them per say though you don't have to add ads yourself into your videos - so basically ignore the monetisation option on the video upload section.

Though with that being said if you are in a network you do have a legal obligation, due to the agreement with them to run ads on your videos - so just be careful on that.

Reactions: Mr Hyde