A little about my dual stream.. and my .. everything?

DerpieDoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
This could potentially be long winded.. and I have no TLDR version. so ... yeah..

So, I started streaming on twitch about a year ago.. I had a smallish fanbase.. and I felt like I was starting to grow.. but alas, work took priority, and my limited streaming time meant my viewer base dropped, and as U result, I stopped.. I had grand plans.. and work screwed it all up... Stream on Twitch! Upload highlights on youtube, and build 2 complementing communities! but that was short winded.. Thanks Work.....

Now its a year down the road.. and I seemingly have more time, and more dedication to my project.. so I came back to twitch... I started up a stream during that fine brothers fiasco .. And promtply caught a 24 hour suspension from twitch.. for "non gaming content" .. I t was totally unjustified.. But there was nothing I could do about it..

Me being the kinda person I am, cant just let **** go.. so that fired me up even more, to make this youtube/streaming thing work! I saw that it takes originality, and variety to get anywhere, on both platforms.. and when you are dealing predominantly with gaming content, its HARD to be original.. if you make a video.. that same video has been made a thousand times already. Just the nature of the beast.

While searching for a way to be original, I decided ... Hey! Derp! You have a girlfriend.. who plays games!! why not include her! And thus was born "Derpina Doo" :D

We needed a means to stream together.. so I came up with a plan... 2 computers.. 2 gamers, a pile of monitors.. and small fortune in hardware... and boom! dual stream! 2 players.. 2 game windows.. 2 cameras.. ONE STREAM! I'm aware this is not completely original.. But in its own little way, its unique, and it is rare enough to fall into the original category.. (ill list hardware below)

I am still very much working out the bugs.. we have quality, both in visual and audio that we need to work out, We have bandwidth, and storage space issues still and we generate a lot of heat, and power draw in the living room. But we are going to make this thing work. I would like to invite everyone to check out the "beta testing" video from a dual stream of "the division BETA" .. It is the first video in our "We Stream" series.

Feel free to comment here, or on the video! ask questions, offer suggestions... all that jazz! And for the record, I AM willing to do collaborations. tho I have never do them before.. so I am green in that department.

Here is the video Link : [link removed: see forum rules] - Moderator
And here is a general run down of hardware.

2x SADES Headsets (mics not used)
a Pile of 1080p monitors. and 2x tablets.(the tablets are not req. just use them to monitor our social media)

PC #1 (mine)
i7 4790k @4.2ghz
R9 380 Sapphire
16gb G-skill RAM
2x 1tb HDDs internal and 1x 1tb External
Elgato Capture HD60 Pro Capture card (to capture her game onto My OBS)

PC #2 (hers)
AMD Athlon X4 750k @3.4ghz
R9 380 sapphire
16gb G-skill RAM
1tb Internal HDD

2x Logitec 1080p Webcams
1x Blue Yetti Mic
A bunch of other gaming related peripherals, such as TrackIR, Steering wheel, and HOTA flight sticks.

My computer handles the stream, and the video processing, and does the majority of the workload (hence the better CPU)
Her computer just games. (and goes to all her lame websites she hovers on for hours at a time)

Feel free to comment here, or on my youtube vids..
Me and my better half, can also be contacted via twitter @DerpieDoo and @derpina_doo
And via email [email protected]

Interact with me!! so I can interact with you!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DerpieDoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
Oh.. I also want to point out, something I have noticed on the forums.. A lotta self promotion going on ,, and not a lot of community ...

I dont want anyone to think this was about self promotion.. I just want to interact with you guys, I want to get involved in your projects as much as I would like you guys to be involved in mine.

I want to help any way that I can, And since I am a tiny channel, with very little youtube experience, the only way I can really help is tech. As I have a ton of exp there.

Lets all get on the same buss and help one another grow! :)

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
You should post this on creation or collab sub forum. Or you can ask a mod to move it. And what exactly do you mean help each other grow?

DerpieDoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
By help each other grow, I mean interact with one another.. offer suggestions, spot lite members in your vids. (I would love to do this, but as I have such a tiny channel it would kinda be asinine at the moment.) :p

If someone has spare time, and is good at doing tumbnails, offer the service.. I saw that this was already done in one of georges videos.. but when queried, none of the people responded. so they are either no longer offering free service, they are backlogged, or just wanted promotion. :)

At any rate. .there are loads of ways to help each other.. spotlite a friend, collaborate, offer suggestions, Even just commenting on videos directly with your opinion of them help with video rankings. :)

Chris

Filipino Let's Player <Astig>
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2014
www.gamerfuzion.com
YouTube
By help each other grow, I mean interact with one another.. offer suggestions, spot lite members in your vids. (I would love to do this, but as I have such a tiny channel it would kinda be asinine at the moment.) :p

If someone has spare time, and is good at doing tumbnails, offer the service.. I saw that this was already done in one of georges videos.. but when queried, none of the people responded. so they are either no longer offering free service, they are backlogged, or just wanted promotion. :)

At any rate. .there are loads of ways to help each other.. spotlite a friend, collaborate, offer suggestions, Even just commenting on videos directly with your opinion of them help with video rankings. :)
If you want thumbnails and art, you can try requesting in the https://freedom.community.tm/forums/requests-offers.235/ .
As for the Shout out, I do not think it will be much of a help. Sure you might get a few subscriber, but how many will actually watch your video and leave a comment? Some may do that for few days, after that they are dead subscriber. It happen a lot of time, when Freedom still does channel spotlight. There are a lot of comments on that video, but mostly they do that to get spotlight them selves. As a result, those spam comments will tricked Youtube SEO to get that video searchable in the search engine. But of course its mere an empty shell video.
It's like doing a give away...

As for collaboration, you can try asking someone in https://freedom.community.tm/forums/collaborate.35/ . But do not expect to get anything from there..Most people who goes here, will not do collab with you unless they get something out of it.

Oh, I almost forgot most of the GFX artist here will ask a fee for their service. And sorry for being a bit negative, but this place is not it used to be when I first joined.

DerpieDoo

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2016
YouTube
If you want thumbnails and art, you can try requesting in the https://freedom.community.tm/forums/requests-offers.235/ .
As for the Shout out, I do not think it will be much of a help. Sure you might get a few subscriber, but how many will actually watch your video and leave a comment? Some may do that for few days, after that they are dead subscriber. It happen a lot of time, when Freedom still does channel spotlight. There are a lot of comments on that video, but mostly they do that to get spotlight them selves. As a result, those spam comments will tricked Youtube SEO to get that video searchable in the search engine. But of course its mere an empty shell video.
It's like doing a give away...

As for collaboration, you can try asking someone in https://freedom.community.tm/forums/collaborate.35/ . But do not expect to get anything from there..Most people who goes here, will not do collab with you unless they get something out of it.

Oh, I almost forgot most of the GFX artist here will ask a fee for their service. And sorry for being a bit negative, but this place is not it used to be when I first joined.

Be that as it may, I am not gonna let a bunch of bad eggs spoil it for me.. :p Im at least gonna try to be a part of the community :p

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Helping those within a specific and small community like ours is only going to limit your grow to the value that is the small community.