YouTube A Cheeky Little Gamble On Youtube

ScouseMouse

Rising User
Jul 6, 2017
YouTube
ScouseMouse180
Hi Guys!

I made my first ever Youtube video a couple of days ago (Tuesday), and I had a little fun bet with my mate for £5 that I'd be able to reach 100 subscribers within a month of my first video upload.

I know it's no easy task but there's no use aiming low eh!

So I'd create this thread to update how it's going throughout my first month and let you know if I win the bet or not. I just want it to be a fun thread, showing the journey of my first month trying to do Youtube.

As it stands, my first vid went live on 4th July and I currently have 24 subs... 76 to go.

Who wants to sub now and help me get to 25 before bed so I can go tell my mate I'm a quarter of the way there :)

Here's the link anyway: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5udEWDtxzhPGdeoWfHT7tQ

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Interesting concept, making YouTube both fun and challenging though what are you overal plans for the channel, and how are you reaching out to your audience / viewers / subscribers?

Reactions: ScouseMouse

ScouseMouse

Rising User
Jul 6, 2017
YouTube
ScouseMouse180
Hey Zeke, if you haven't looked, I'm a gaming channel where I'll be playing everything from NES to Xbox One. I'm aiming to be uploading a minimum of 5 videos per week and more when time allows (recording them is easy but getting them edited and rendered in premier pro takes a longgg time).

Fwiw, I was setting up my channel prior to this bet, I didn't set up the channel just so I could do this bet. I was gonna do it anyway and had started then my mate said that he got to 100 subs in 6 months and he said that was considered phenomenal growth... I disagreed lol and the bet was formed.

I've created FB and Twitter pages for my channel and atm I'm posting all my stuff (and updates about the channel or things I think my target audience will find interesting) and then I'm retweeting it from my personal FB/Twitter accounts cos they have 50x more followers atm. Once I get a following on my channel accounts I'll stop doubling up on my personal accounts. I've also joined a few FB groups for Youtubers, Nintendo fans and Xbox fans to help get my video out there. I've also started getting involved with the community on Reddit's NewTubers and YTTalk.

I'm trying to be active in various communities and obviously replying to every single comment on my videos and trying to get conversations going with my subscribers.

Annoyingly I had to go away for the weekend that's just gone so couldn't record anything and felt like I lost a few days, but still, not even been going a week yet. Next video is going up in a few hours.

26 subs atm btw, so 74 to go.

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hi Guys!

I made my first ever Youtube video a couple of days ago (Tuesday), and I had a little fun bet with my mate for £5 that I'd be able to reach 100 subscribers within a month of my first video upload.

I know it's no easy task but there's no use aiming low eh!

So I'd create this thread to update how it's going throughout my first month and let you know if I win the bet or not. I just want it to be a fun thread, showing the journey of my first month trying to do Youtube.

As it stands, my first vid went live on 4th July and I currently have 24 subs... 76 to go.

Who wants to sub now and help me get to 25 before bed so I can go tell my mate I'm a quarter of the way there :)

Here's the link anyway: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5udEWDtxzhPGdeoWfHT7tQ
Love a good challenge! Hope you will succeed mate!

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
Hey Zeke, if you haven't looked, I'm a gaming channel where I'll be playing everything from NES to Xbox One. I'm aiming to be uploading a minimum of 5 videos per week and more when time allows (recording them is easy but getting them edited and rendered in premier pro takes a longgg time).

Fwiw, I was setting up my channel prior to this bet, I didn't set up the channel just so I could do this bet. I was gonna do it anyway and had started then my mate said that he got to 100 subs in 6 months and he said that was considered phenomenal growth... I disagreed lol and the bet was formed.

I've created FB and Twitter pages for my channel and atm I'm posting all my stuff (and updates about the channel or things I think my target audience will find interesting) and then I'm retweeting it from my personal FB/Twitter accounts cos they have 50x more followers atm. Once I get a following on my channel accounts I'll stop doubling up on my personal accounts. I've also joined a few FB groups for Youtubers, Nintendo fans and Xbox fans to help get my video out there. I've also started getting involved with the community on Reddit's NewTubers and YTTalk.

I'm trying to be active in various communities and obviously replying to every single comment on my videos and trying to get conversations going with my subscribers.

Annoyingly I had to go away for the weekend that's just gone so couldn't record anything and felt like I lost a few days, but still, not even been going a week yet. Next video is going up in a few hours.

26 subs atm btw, so 74 to go.

It seems like you are doing really well with social media and getting your content out there!

ScouseMouse

Rising User
Jul 6, 2017
YouTube
ScouseMouse180
Hey guys, thanks for all the support!

Been slow progress with the Youtube channel the last couple of days cos I was away from home for the weekend so couldn't record any videos, but I got straight back on it on Monday, recorded a few videos, and finally got one of them edited and uploaded just now (had editing issues last night)...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES <3

I have such amazing memories of this game, played it and loved it so much as a kid despite the fact I could never get further than what I could now do in about 10 mins. Great soundtrack, cracking graphics for the NES that imo wouldn't look out of place if it was on the SNES and I guess a lot of my love came from the fact it was very true to the cartoon which was by far my favourite TV show. Anyway I'll let you watch it if you're that way inclined (I don't think I'm allowed to link it? but you can see my channel at the bottom of my posts)

Part 2 is already recorded too and will be up in a couple of days.
We're at 28 subs now and hopefully now I'm back going at it hard I can get that climbing quickly again.

72 to go...[DOUBLEPOST=1499902853][/DOUBLEPOST]Just started another brand new series on the channel.

Gone for something a bit different this time. It's a fun little puzzler/platformer called SUPER MEAT BOY!

Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

Up to 35 subs now, 65 to go....

Thank you again for all the support so far![DOUBLEPOST=1499938638][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey guys, would anyone be kind enough to gimme some feedback on my latest video (the Super Meat Boy above)

I'm trying to do all sorts of different games/series so there's something for everyone but this latest one seems to have had a bit of a slow up take.

I know it's not been up long so it's hard to say but all of my other videos have hit the kinda 20-30+ views mark within a matter of hours of it being uploaded and this one hasn't reached double figures yet.

I was just wondering if it's just pure chance or you think there's any reason. I did upload it at like 1am which is later than I'd like but had teething problems with the edit. I also noticed after doing the video and search for 'super meat boy' to check out the competition that tonssss of people have done this game, which I didn't realise. It wouldn't have put me off doing it but do you think that has an impact? It was certainly vvv hard to come up with good keywords/tags, so my SEO aint great I don't think. Maybe the quality of the video is less good, or it's just a less popular game than my other vids?

What do you think?

Thanks in advance![DOUBLEPOST=1499962359][/DOUBLEPOST]Here it is guys, the 2nd episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Today we take on the Technodrome and make it to the final level where Shredder awaits

Up to 37 subs now, 63 more to go. Fingers crossed I can make it to 40 tonight![DOUBLEPOST=1500046936][/DOUBLEPOST]Had my first unsubscriber today! :( I assume it was probably one of these people who sub you thinking you'll sub them back and then they just ub-sub you... well I'm not in to that kinda thing. If someone subs me, I probably will check out their channel and may sub if it's something that interests me but I aint gonna do it just as a default because they sub me.

Anyway someone else took their place and I'm at 39 subs now .... 61 to go.

Just uploaded my 7th video (2nd episode of Watch Dogs) and my channel has now been up and running for 10 days, so I'm sort of on target for my aim which is 5 videos per week minimum.[DOUBLEPOST=1500302583][/DOUBLEPOST]We're up to 45 subs now guys and gals... 55 more to go!

Just uploaded the final episode of the TMNT series so if, like me, you spent your childhood failing to complete that game, you can check me out now finishing it for the first time in my life!

Last edited: