Solved 11K Views on a video but $0???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScalesTheLizard

New User
Freedom! Member
Jan 3, 2017
I am so confused. I have a video with 11K views on it and it has earned no money at all. Videos with 10 views get about 2 cents so having 11K views shouldn't I have like $30? XD

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
There mustve been a claim on it at some point that automatically kills your monetizing. I cant really think what else it would be, what was the video about?

Upvote 0

Chris Carruthers

Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
Canada
www.patreon.com
YouTube
igame2015
That's why I posted this ;)

I am so confused. I have a video with 11K views on it and it has earned no money at all. Videos with 10 views get about 2 cents so having 11K views shouldn't I have like $30? XD
Check your copyright section - that video is monotized by a different channel.

Upvote 0

FallenShogun

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Oct 12, 2014
YouTube
Has it got a massive amount of views but zero watch time? Did it get view botted? Could be any number of things, including not actually having ads enabled

Upvote 0

Chris Carruthers

Freedom! Member
Dec 14, 2016
Canada
www.patreon.com
YouTube
igame2015
Has it got a massive amount of views but zero watch time? Did it get view botted? Could be any number of things, including not actually having ads enabled

Ok so I'll recap.

If you check on the video using Heartbeat or TubeBuddy, you can see that A DIFFERENT MPN IS MONOTIZING THE VIDEO

Which means that it was hit by CR. He'll need to deal with that.

Upvote 0

MSHAY Gaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 1, 2016
YouTube
There was only 5 people to do it in this thread alone. Although with yours I did point it out. The sarcasm came in after the 4th or 5th
People dont need to read what you put if they dont want to its their choice, just because some may put down what u already said or may even put somthing different its for the person who made the thread to decide what advice is best. Like you said these are all opinions whether some are right or wrong. So dont worry what others say. I dont really know what u expected? That after you post yours nobody else could voice their thoughts?

Upvote 0

jentebecaus

New User
Feb 21, 2017

First of all, I should check the following things.

- 1. Is your channel enabled for Monetization?
- 2. Are you able Monetize this video? (maybe there is a copyright claim)

If 1 is no, Then go to and enable monitization. (youtube-com /features)
If 2 is no, Then contact the the person who claimed the video if you have the rights to use the claimed material.

If you don't have rights to use the copyrighted material and you open a dispute you can get in some serouse trouble.
And if you have more question you should contact the freedom customer service.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.