Other Milestone 1 year in YouTube

Rvcboy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 20, 2016
Estonia
YouTube
Hello. Today (13th of June) I've been in YouTube for 1 year. This one year taught me much about creating videos and helped me understand why it's important to be patient. With one year I got over 50 subscribers, 4000 views and 60 videos. I started at one evening when I sat at my friend's with my laptop and he asked when I start with YouTube, because I said I start in April and then he said "You gotta start or else you will not get started with it." And so I had to sit down to his desk with my laptop, play Euro Truck Simulator 2 and record a video about that I'm new here and I start with my channel. After that I did less videos because I had limited internet at my home (maybe 5GB and after reaching this limit we had to buy more) and this limited my career. So I did like 4-6 videos during the summer. With 2 months I got 9 subscribers and I was happy with that and then came something that was like a bomb that blew me up. I did an interview with other YouTuber and this got me like 11 subscribers with 2 days. At the end of the summer we got a new internet provider and I was able to do more videos. I did videos until end of October when I waited for reaching 30 subscribers. I wasn't able to be patient, I spammed my Facebook friends to subscribe me and nobody of them did this. Then I decided to wait and I got these last subscribers. This taught me to be patient and let new viewers look around and think is this channel worth subscribing or not. After reaching 30 subscribers I continued doing videos until one day when I took a break from YouTube, because I was busy with school. That made my fans rude and I decided to continue in the end of November. This taught me to stay active to hold your channel alive. In December I decided to join with Freedom because I heard that they help you with everything and as an advance they pay you for placing advertisements on your videos. At first I hoped I can earn as much as I can collect some money for games with some months, but after first payment I understood it's not possible to get 1 dollar with nothing. I decided to continue and stay in Freedom, because even these couple cents helped me sometimes with something. Then I found this helpful community and I begun learning stuff from this forum and help section. In February I tried to use this channel as a channel where I and my friend upload, but it didn't work out and I continued as a solo channel. In March I reached 50 subscribers and did my first livestream where I played Minecraft with my fans. After that everything has been quiet until today when I reached this one year. After I uploaded my first video at my friend's house I thought where is this channel a year later and now I know where is it and I know how to do videos. As an inspiration to new YouTubers I have something to say: don't be scared like I was about YouTube because you have seen cyber bullies around, they will not even come to you if you don't do something weird that they can abuse to make money. If you have a bad microphone and not a $1,000 computer, don't worry, it's good for start, even I started like this, I am with the same gear here right now because I don't have enough money right now for new gear, but my goal of 2016 is to upgrade my gear to increase my quality of videos. Don't worry about haters, everybody has at least one, try to talk with them and stay calm - I had one, I talked with him via comments and for today he gives me tips instead of hating for no reason. Best of luck to you and if you're interested of checking out my Estonian content then look for Rvcboy in YouTube.