Webcam vs Cam for facecam

TGCG

Rising User
So i want to do facecam on some to all of my videos, just wanting everyones thoughts on webcam vs Cam for this, i honestly cant see a reason a webcam isnt good enough, but please let me know what you think particulary if you do facecam!! thanks!!

ToastyBros

Rising User
a webcam is good, however there is always a quality upgrade by using a regular cam maybe even a dslr with capture card.

Showdawee Tv

If you have the option, use a standalone camera and edit it in afterwards.
I agree with my guy above, i def have changed over from a webcam to a stand alone camera the quality is way better and nicer its just syncing up the footage with camera which does not take too much effort.

TechGuruMax

Freedom! Member
I've had experience with the logitec 720 and 1080p webcams...no...no... just don't. Get a camera, you can search YouTube, I don't have name brands in mind but I do recall many famous YouTube-ers that were using a simple mid-entry cam + /good/ lighting for many years until they went crazy famous.
Side note, lighting... is... essential, so it's worth allocating a tiny budget for that (even if it's just a broad spectrum white light bulb on a lamp shade)