YouTube Youtube Goals and Motivation discussion!

Gaara406

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Apr 11, 2014
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
YouTube
Hey guys! My name is Alice or Gaara406 if you know me by my online name!
I was sitting around this afternoon thinking about Youtube and what my motivation is for continuing to make videos and what my goals are, both short and long term.

Firstly, motivation! How do you stay motivated to keep doing videos if there's just no channel traffic, no comments, little likes and your sub count isn't moving?
I've always found it very hard to keep up moral and motivation when my channel just doesn't seem to be shifting, like why am I doing this? And, I think that, if you really like doing it, then it's easy to keep going and you don't find it as disheartening when your channel doesn't grow as fast as you would like it to! But what about you guys? How do you stay motivated to keep making videos and pushing out content?

Secondly, goals! What are your goals for your channel, short and long term?
Wow, I've thought a lot about potential goals and they really all depend if my channel budges at all, it's kinda stuck in an old rutt where I have a lot of inactive subs, and I've switched my target audience almost completely, so it's going to be really interesting to see what happens.
If my channel does budge, my first goal is 400 subs, I'm sitting between 325-330 right now, and I really want to push forward somehow and hit 400, so that would deff be my first short term goal, and then 500 would be the goal after that.
Long term goals are a bit of a difficult one, because I don't want to sound like I'm trying to get famous or what not, but like 1000 would deffo be a bit step for me and that's deff something I want to achieve! I'd like to be known for making videos and really doing something that I love and something that makes me happy.
So what about you guys? What are your short and long term goals for your channels?!