News Youtube Blocking LGBT+ Content With Restricted Mode??

MuffinQueen

New User
Freedom! Member
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
YouTube
Muffin_Queen181
Heyo!

So recently on social media including Youtube, Twitter and Instagram there has been a HUGE problem that has been debated about. Which is should Youtube Restrict LGBT+ Content be restricted like LGBT Topics (not people who make videos that are LGBT). I personally don't think that this right.. Being apart of this community (LGBT+) this makes me extremely angry since Youtube is made to express yourself. This is technically going against that. If LGBT or really anyone can't express opinions about LGBT then you really can't express yourself. Well duh you have to block some inappropriate content but not all LGBT content. But Sexuality, Race or Gender should affect Video makers.

Opinions? Also please no arguing <3

Xoxo
Kaitlyn

Holy Apple

Celestial Gamer
Freedom! Member
Heyo!

So recently on social media including Youtube, Twitter and Instagram there has been a HUGE problem that has been debated about. Which is should Youtube Restrict LGBT+ Content be restricted like LGBT Topics (not people who make videos that are LGBT). I personally don't think that this right.. Being apart of this community (LGBT+) this makes me extremely angry since Youtube is made to express yourself. This is technically going against that. If LGBT or really anyone can't express opinions about LGBT then you really can't express yourself. Well duh you have to block some inappropriate content but not all LGBT content. But Sexuality, Race or Gender should affect Video makers.

Opinions? Also please no arguing <3

Xoxo
Kaitlyn

I suppose it's just YouTube trying to defend because we all know the Internet can be a really dark place and YouTube is full of trolls or people with really strong opinions. I personally have no issue with LGBT content and exactly as you say, YouTube is for expressing yourself as person regardless of sexuality, race, gender or whatever else. I hope YouTube does the smart thing and decide not to go forward with their idea because it will basically be seen as an action against their users which will cause a massive uproar.

Reactions: MuffinQueen

NoDragonsPlz

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
May 11, 2015
United States
YouTube
They actually discussed this because people were essentially using topics like this to clickbait viewers into it. Ever since about 6 months ago, they have taken a strong stance against political agenda and political agenda type videos.

ColdPhantom

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Dec 12, 2016
Holland
YouTube
several gaming channels have been completely wiped off youtube because of this mode, including mine. but just as an example here are a few bigger ones: Miniladd(has no videos on his channel just like me) terroriser(only has 1 video) Vanoss(only has 2 videos) Anomaly(No Videos) and the list goes on. personally i find this "mode" complete bs and it should seriously be adjusted (i do use vulgar language but try to keep it to a minimum)