Opinion Why is Motivation Such a Big Thing for People on Youtube?

avrona

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 7, 2018
YouTube
avronaofficial
Am I missing something? With so many forums and subreddits for YouTubers I've visited, one thing I see all the time is people complaining about being "demotivated" or "lacking motvation for doing YouTube". And the thing I don't get is simply why is this a problem to people? Why are so many having trouble with something that shouldn't even be an issue. I have a lot of reason to feel discouraged and demotivated for YouTube as I only have 225 subscribers and 12.5k views after 4 and a half years of hard work on my channel. However I simply think of it logically. There is simply no sense in giving up. It just simply doesn't make sense. If you do so, you are guaranteed not to grow, and the only way to grow is by making more videos.

This is the same reason I never really understood the large market out there for motivation quotes and stuff like that. Whenever I see something like "don't give up" or "don't listen to the haters"directed at YouTubers on Twitter or on forums or anything like that, it literally makes me cringe a little. And I do even delete any motivational garbage in my comments, even if it's just small part of a nice comment, as I just don't want that stuff near my channel.

So what are your thoughts on this?

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I do think its a little bit of an issue for some people, like you I try and think about it logically and if I want to succeed we all need to keep trying and get better with YT. You don't really know why people are lacking motivation, maybe some people think it would be instant success, whereas might not realise how much work needs to go into YT

It's The Kid

Mar 15, 2018
Paterson
YouTube
Am I missing something? With so many forums and subreddits for YouTubers I've visited, one thing I see all the time is people complaining about being "demotivated" or "lacking motvation for doing YouTube". And the thing I don't get is simply why is this a problem to people? Why are so many having trouble with something that shouldn't even be an issue. I have a lot of reason to feel discouraged and demotivated for YouTube as I only have 225 subscribers and 12.5k views after 4 and a half years of hard work on my channel. However I simply think of it logically. There is simply no sense in giving up. It just simply doesn't make sense. If you do so, you are guaranteed not to grow, and the only way to grow is by making more videos.

This is the same reason I never really understood the large market out there for motivation quotes and stuff like that. Whenever I see something like "don't give up" or "don't listen to the haters"directed at YouTubers on Twitter or on forums or anything like that, it literally makes me cringe a little. And I do even delete any motivational garbage in my comments, even if it's just small part of a nice comment, as I just don't want that stuff near my channel.

So what are your thoughts on this?
Yes i totally agree with you, I have 47 subscribers and even though people have blew up, im not them and im ok with that ill grow in my own way. Some of these little kids(not to be rude but) need to stop acting like spoiled brat and work for your goals