Tips & Tricks whats the best way to improve thumbnail quality?

OffMyYak

Rising User
Aug 19, 2014
YouTube
struggling a little with thumbnail creation and was wondering if you guys had any helpful tips or tutorial in which you have created? thanks again:D

Prilixy

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jul 6, 2015
YouTube
struggling a little with thumbnail creation and was wondering if you guys had any helpful tips or tutorial in which you have created? thanks again:D

Well first of give us a thumbnail you are not happy with so we can review it and give you feedback on what to improve!

CalebKitt

Graphic Designer
Freedom! Member
Feb 20, 2015
www.youtube.com
YouTube
I always suggest having consistent thumbnails. What I mean by that is not to very them to much but have your own style so people know the video is from you. If you have a logo you can go ahead and try implementing that into your design. Here is an example of one of my thumbnails that I have made

Last edited:

flamce22

New User
Jun 22, 2016
YouTube
Try To Put Your Touch In Your Thumbnails! Try To Make Them Attract People! Try To Keep Your Thumbnails Bright! Some Thumbnails Needs Time To Make So Get Your Coffe And Start!

Reactions: JimboTube

Infinity Block

New User
Freedom! Member
Feb 24, 2016
Canada
YouTube
I have a tutorial on my channel for how to make minecraft thumbnails. Try to observe other's thumbnails to get an idea of how you want your's to be like :D

SpringFromMinecraft

Rising User
Feb 16, 2016
YouTube
Make sure you combine your video theme with your thumbnail (Ex. If you have a call of duty video, then you wouldve used either grunge or kind of a black theme)
Also make sure The Text is BIG, Because when your video is in the search you want them to be able to read the title of the video!

SpringFromMinecraft

Rising User
Feb 16, 2016
YouTube
I think that's a great thumbnail! I actually like it a lot! What program do you use?

1) Goto this website "https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html" (It is the Official Adobe website)

2)It will ask you to sign up, you can sign up for free

3)Click I Agree, and Select English

4)Find Photoshop CS2

5)Click Windows(Or mac if you have mac)

6)Install and use Product key beside Download link in website

7)HAVE FUN

This is not illigal if you had CS2 In the first place, of course not many people follow that rule since the reason its free is the fact that the registration serer was shut down and theres no way to determine who bought CS2 ;)

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
1) Goto this website "https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html" (It is the Official Adobe website)

4)Find Photoshop CS2

7)HAVE FUN

This is not illigal if you had CS2 In the first place, of course not many people follow that rule since the reason its free is the fact that the registration serer was shut down and theres no way to determine who bought CS2 ;)

Oh sweet! Thanks!

INDI vidual

Mar 11, 2016
Ukraine
I think it can depend from the game you play :D
Persomaly, sometimes i use screenshots and edit them a little, sometimes i add my face xD
And sometimes, i just use the main menu screenshot with the name of the game
or... i can go totally individual on some thumbnail to make them "in spirit" of the game

Christina Kersten

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member

4)Find Photoshop CS2

7)HAVE FUN

So I tried installing it but in the end it just said installation failed. Do you know why?