Tips & Tricks What do I need to change in my videos?

VingtHundred

Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2015
YouTube
VingtHundred
Hi, I recently just started making videos I enjoy watching myself, by which I mean I can actually laugh at them. My friends also find them funny, but I would like to know someone else's point of view who isn't afraid to tell me my videos suck, or even give me harsh criticism. I recommend my two latest videos, episode 4 & 5. I do warn you that there are a lot of mature jokes and vulgar language, so I'm not looking to appeal to a "young" audience, more of a mature audience. I'm thinking at least 14 years of age, which is basically my age, 15 years of age.
Thank you.

Sea

Respected User
Sep 20, 2014
YouTube
Alrighty, I watched Episode 4 to check it out.
First, you do you. That's always sound advice. The reason being is that we all see the world differently.
Second, their was very little had to gripe about with the video, only that during cuts and transitions there was stuttering which at first was fine, but after a while I was able to see it every time, so just make sure that there are as little stutters as physically possible.
Third, I liked the adding of music, I personally don't because I like the moments to be a continued story and in that moment.
Fourth, the video as very long for one continues 4ish note track, maybe choose something that's longer, or choose the really best clips and make it 5 mins long, but the video itself was perfect, I enjoyed it so I don't know if shortening it is necessary, just a different song that has more to it. Or change song when the moods change.
Yeah, so that's I really took note on, maybe also make sure to fix your friends audio since one had a bad mic, lower him so the spikes don't show up.
You are doing good as you are though, loved it.
I have a favor to ask in return, you don't need to though. Would you be able to take a look at my videos and see what's up? Moments Of: Counter Strike (2) Would be good to try, but if you don't wish to then let me know.
Hope I was able to provide enough tips that helped you in anyway, thank you.

Reactions: VingtHundred

Sea

Respected User
Sep 20, 2014
YouTube
P.S. increase brightness, even if it looks fine on your screen it needs to be just a little brighter for the recording. Sorry I forgot to mention it, but that's actually important.

VingtHundred

Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2015
YouTube
VingtHundred
Alrighty, I watched Episode 4 to check it out.
First, you do you. That's always sound advice. The reason being is that we all see the world differently.
Second, their was very little had to gripe about with the video, only that during cuts and transitions there was stuttering which at first was fine, but after a while I was able to see it every time, so just make sure that there are as little stutters as physically possible.
Third, I liked the adding of music, I personally don't because I like the moments to be a continued story and in that moment.
Fourth, the video as very long for one continues 4ish note track, maybe choose something that's longer, or choose the really best clips and make it 5 mins long, but the video itself was perfect, I enjoyed it so I don't know if shortening it is necessary, just a different song that has more to it. Or change song when the moods change.
Yeah, so that's I really took note on, maybe also make sure to fix your friends audio since one had a bad mic, lower him so the spikes don't show up.
You are doing good as you are though, loved it.
I have a favor to ask in return, you don't need to though. Would you be able to take a look at my videos and see what's up? Moments Of: Counter Strike (2) Would be good to try, but if you don't wish to then let me know.
Hope I was able to provide enough tips that helped you in anyway, thank you.
Thank you very much for checking it out and giving me tips, sorry it took so long for me too answer back haven't been on the forums for a while. I'll check out your channel right away :)

OneBarRouter

Rising User
Mar 4, 2016
Hi there! I have a couple tips that may improve the quality of your videos:

1. EDIT: removed this after I realized I'm an idiot... :)
  2. Having more cuts. The audience doesn't want to sit there for too long without any transition in the topic. The only place I wouldn't recommend a lot of cuts are during a let's play, which wasn't really this. This was more of a comedy style video.
  3. Possibly color correct your video (if you use Sony Vegas or After Effects to edit your videos). This would prevent it from being so dull and bland.
Since I helped you out with your videos, I would really appreciate it if you gave me some suggestions for mine :)

P.S. Great job with the subscriber activity! I just got started, so I'm trying to get the ball rolling lol

Sincerely,
Router

VingtHundred

Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2015
YouTube
VingtHundred
Hi there! I have a couple tips that may improve the quality of your videos:

1. EDIT: removed this after I realized I'm an idiot... :)
  2. Having more cuts. The audience doesn't want to sit there for too long without any transition in the topic. The only place I wouldn't recommend a lot of cuts are during a let's play, which wasn't really this. This was more of a comedy style video.
  3. Possibly color correct your video (if you use Sony Vegas or After Effects to edit your videos). This would prevent it from being so dull and bland.
Since I helped you out with your videos, I would really appreciate it if you gave me some suggestions for mine :)

P.S. Great job with the subscriber activity! I just got started, so I'm trying to get the ball rolling lol

Sincerely,
Router
thank you very much for the tips, sadly I don't have access to use good video editors like sony vegas, by any chance, you don't know how to get that free do you?

Reactions: OneBarRouter

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
thank you very much for the tips, sadly I don't have access to use good video editors like sony vegas, by any chance, you don't know how to get that free do you?
Getting programs for free can be illegal for pirating, or getting lucky by getting in a give-away. I heard that windows video editor isn't so bad, and it's free ^^

OneBarRouter

Rising User
Mar 4, 2016
Anything is free if you know the right places lol. It's not that expensive though. I believe I got mine for $40 on steam, and honestly, it's worth the investment for a non-pirated version.

OneBarRouter

Rising User
Mar 4, 2016
did you get the sony movie studio 13 platinum?
Yes. My bad, I had vegas on my old account, but on this one I got movie studio. My apologies for the confusion.

Regardless of what I have, they are essentially the same exact thing. VERY VERY VERY FEW differences between the two. I highly recommend it, or sony vegas if you are willing to make the investment.

VingtHundred

Freedom! Member
Jul 23, 2015
YouTube
VingtHundred
Yes. My bad, I had vegas on my old account, but on this one I got movie studio. My apologies for the confusion.

Regardless of what I have, they are essentially the same exact thing. VERY VERY VERY FEW differences between the two. I highly recommend it, or sony vegas if you are willing to make the investment.
Thank you very much, just so you know, I wasn't purposely trying to commit piracy, I just thought I was never going to be able to afford for a good video editor, until now :)

Reactions: OneBarRouter

OneBarRouter

Rising User
Mar 4, 2016
Thank you very much, just so you know, I wasn't purposely trying to commit piracy, I just thought I was never going to be able to afford for a good video editor, until now :)
Dude, I do not care about pirates at all xD

Before I cleared my old laptop, I had $10,000 worth of pirated programs on it xD

I was the captain of the pirates ffs

(And yes, Sony Vegas was one of my dabloons)

And yeah, I really recommend Movie Studio Platinum!
Enjoy!
Also, if you ever need help with technical stuff, I can answer most questions.