Tips & Tricks What Am I Not Doing?

pizzagrenade

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 4, 2014
Arizona
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Okay, I didn't want to post this because it seems very desperate but that's because I kinda am. My channel has done a whole lot of not growing in the two years I've been doing YouTube, and I just can't seem to find what's wrong.

I know my main problem is that I'm not posting often enough. I post, maybe, a couple times a week and sometimes not at all. I know that's bad. That can hurt my viewership because people are less likely to keep watching. But that's it? I don't think so.

If you want, take a look at my channel (https://goo.gl/Z4B7HI) Tell me if there's something I'm missing. I'm not asking for a review, mostly because I don't know what's wrong. I just want some advice to keep me going and get my channel growing.

Thank you.

RansomN

Respected User
Oct 22, 2014
YouTube
From what i hear is that you you have done better than me on youtube. I have been making and posting videos all the time for 2 months and just about 1-2 months ago i have started posting daily videos. It may be very tough but it got me from about 80 to 106 really fast. I recommend trying to make your videos worth watching. Find out when people stop watching your videos and make that part of your video better. When that part of the videos is fixed find the next spot that people stop watching the videos (different videos, don't reupload the same video, in the next video make the part people left in the part that makes them want to stay more).

Daclypse

Rising User
Jan 3, 2016
Kent, England
YouTube
I had a very brief look.. haven't actually checked your content yet.
But that's because your channel didn't scream "WATCH ME" And it'll do the same for other people that go to your channel.
Vamp your thumbnails.. do some research and make them awesome!
And change the titles of your videos.. Nobody is going to come to your channel and watch "part 5" of a playthrough.
Make the individual videos worth watching :)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Well looking at your channel i see 2 big things that are huge killers for your channel.

One is your upload schedule, for a gaming channel you should at least get to 3 video's a week.

The second one is your broken series. I see a couple episodes from a certain game and then POOF! You move on to something different. People tend to subscribe and watch if you continue with a game and actually complete it. making 3 vids and then playing something else and leaving the old serie is bad for your channel and believe me i did the same in my early stage. Now that i work on particular series is when i started growing for real.

pizzagrenade

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Oct 4, 2014
Arizona
www.youtube.com
YouTube
The second one is your broken series. I see a couple episodes from a certain game and then POOF! You move on to something different. People tend to subscribe and watch if you continue with a game and actually complete it. making 3 vids and then playing something else and leaving the old serie is bad for your channel and believe me i did the same in my early stage. Now that i work on particular series is when i started growing for real.

If you are mentioning the break with SOMA and then Cellar, it's not because I'm done with SOMA, I'm actually going to be throwing in a random one-parter every 3 episodes of SOMA.

Daclypse

Rising User
Jan 3, 2016
Kent, England
YouTube
Well looking at your channel i see 2 big things that are huge killers for your channel.

One is your upload schedule, for a gaming channel you should at least get to 3 video's a week.

Where did you get that you have to upload 3 videos a week? Not all people have time for that. And people grow with a LOT less. So that's not good advice at the start.
And you don't have to do series either.

Sorry but giving such specific advice when it's not entirely true needs to be called out to stop such advice going around

Spamoni

New User
Jun 17, 2016
YouTube
Just a disclaimer, you're doing a lot better on subs than me, so take my personal preferences with a grain of salt.

From what I'm seeing, the thumbnails don't jump out at me and make me want to click for starters. Another thing I've noticed is, yes, you're 100% a lets play channel, but the videos are just sooooooooooooo long. Say if I was looking for some new content, I personally wouldn't want to sit down for a full 30 minute video, especially if nothing grabbed me 100% in the first minute or two to keep me watching. Now I'm not saying your content is bland at all, because you've got a great voice for a let's play channel, but maybe just banter around with yourself a little bit more, make yourself yanno, "out there" and more entertaining, research what the current trends are for lets play games, and make your changes based off of that. I really hope I didn't offend, just thought I'd offer my input. You'll get there my man just keep it up! :D

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Where did you get that you have to upload 3 videos a week? Not all people have time for that. And people grow with a LOT less. So that's not good advice at the start.
And you don't have to do series either.

Sorry but giving such specific advice when it's not entirely true needs to be called out to stop such advice going around
To begin i am doing youtube for 3 years and i know what i talk about. Youtube means that you have to be consistent and gaming video's don't take too much work. I have 2 kids, work 152 hours a month and still am able to get 1 video a day online.

Regarding making series is because people tend to watch this sort of things. If you for example start with The Witcher 3 and make 3 vids and then quit all of a sudden that is a killer. If you continue then people tend to sub as they want to see more. This attracts viewers.

But hey what do i know about youtube right? Scroll trough the tips and tricks section here and you will see that more people say that 3 times a week is a good thing to do if you wanna grow. But do your own thing if that works for you. If you don't think i gave advise ;)

Necronth

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jun 26, 2016
YouTube
I had a look at the channel, maybe you need to change the thumbnails? many suggested that to me , if i get better results i will post