Offering We Want You! (Content Creation/Channel Review)

smalltownjoe

Freedom! Member
Oct 15, 2016
Salamanca, Spain
YouTube
musocraig
Man we are so sorry we couldn't do the video. I feel really bad now. Though keep up your work. Need more musicians on YouTube.

Thumbnails/Title
For a musician your thumbnails don't need to explode like most content creators. But your title needs to stand out a lot. Bringing in your audience with your title and an interesting thumbnail (Ex. You standing in the rain making a dramatic pose...I guess) can definitely bring in attention. Sale yourself (wow that sounds horrible but its true).

Latest Video
High Flying Birds video was impressive, like really it was. But as a fellow musician to another it needs a bit more work for you to master it. The video was great but I notice some hiccups hear and there. But it can be expected when you covering 3 different instruments by yourself. But your other videos where spot on. I like your voice, its different, its like raspy but toned and melodic. Your guitar skills are great but there is always room for improvement. One thing I can say that is a con, is your microphone. I hear you but not to much of you. Your vocals plus the guitar aren't as balance. But I would say that isn't a big issue. It might not be the microphone but just a balancing issue. Or it could just be my ears lol.

Ideas
I can definitely see you doing tutorials on How To Strum a Guitar/Singing/Take care of instruments/multi-task instrument playing/how to write songs/etc, and also maybe some commentary or inspiring words. Possible more songs of your own and also some popular songs in your own version.

Tags
Most importantly, tag your video with as many tags as possible. For you being a musician it is critical.

Overall I enjoyed your songs you made, one man banding, and some songs you played. Keep it up and keep believing. Im pretty sure you will get some where high.[DOUBLEPOST=1487889317][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thanks very much for the honest words!! very helpful! About the guitar skills, I'm recovering from a stroke so I'm not too good any more lol, it's kinda what my channel is about, linking to my blog to raise a few bucks to help others :)

And the mic! yes you're right! I think it's time to get a condensor mic instead of using my old stage mic! (shure sm58)

Thanks again!!
[DOUBLEPOST=1488466026][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks very much for the honest words!! very helpful! About the guitar skills, I'm recovering from a stroke so I'm not too good any more lol, it's kinda what my channel is about, linking to my blog to raise a few bucks to help others :)

And the mic! yes you're right! I think it's time to get a condensor mic instead of using my old stage mic! (shure sm58)

Thanks again!

Reactions: BluEdge Chekpoint