YouTube Views updating VERY slowly.... Slower than usual

selfie style

Rising User
Dec 18, 2016
YouTube
Selfie_Style101
I mean way more than normal....... My video is showing 279 to the publics, but in my analytics my estimated views is 1500 not and I'm getting around 240 views every hour..... I understand usual youtube takes some time to update, but is it normal for it to be this slow? For the public it has been stuck at 279 total views for a while now.... It's strange... Any idea? Is this some bug? Check this photo:
IMG_7434.JPG

Thanks,
Selfie Style (Chirag Shah)

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I mean way more than normal....... My video is showing 279 to the publics, but in my analytics my estimated views is 1500 not and I'm getting around 240 views every hour..... I understand usual youtube takes some time to update, but is it normal for it to be this slow? For the public it has been stuck at 279 total views for a while now.... It's strange... Any idea? Is this some bug? Check this photo:
View attachment 18260

Thanks,
As you say yourself it is estimated views so not finalized. When people click your video but go away within 5 sec at first it is counted as a view while in fact it isn't. So youtube makes a analysis of the actual views.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
View attachment 18260

Thanks,
Having views taking a bit to update may actually be because of many reasons.
1) YouTube is still validating the views and therefor not showing them yet (For example the 301 sub "glitch" there used to be)
2) The watch page just is cached (YouTube needs to cache some data for the pages not taking that long to load and their servers not dying under the load)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
What is noted above, and YouTube also takes steps to ensure channels that had minimal popularity before aren't trying to cheat the system.