Tips & Tricks Views Have Plummeted, Need Help.

fARQUAD

Rising User
Feb 17, 2016
YouTube
upload_2016-2-20_17-57-32.png
This screenshot pretty much speaks for itself. My views have suddenly nosedived, yet I am still gaining subscribers. I think it may be the horrible green of the thumbnails, I will be changing that soon. I have included even more tags. I have just started to do a proper introduction saying hello etc, and have a proper pro intro, but those vids haven't been uploaded yet. Any help for more views would be appreciated.

LifeWithjason

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2016
YouTube
Hey! I checked out your channel.
I would recommend (if you already don't) using social media and websites like reddit to promote your content.
That's a good way for a starting channel to gain momentum :)

NinjaZombieGaming

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 25, 2014
YouTube
NZGsNinja
stop worrying about views and just make content you enjoy making, take it from somebody who has 13K views on 1 video, and hundreds if not thousands of views on multiple other videos, and then proceeds to get about 5-20 views on their daily uploads. however i get anywhere from 70-100 views across my channel per day, i also have nearly 700 videos on my channel, honestly views take time to get, the longer you have been making videos and the more videos you have on your channel the easier it will be found and the more traffic you'll see on your channel, ive only recently started even getting multiple comments every day on videos, for the longest time its just been one dude who comments on almost all my videos, and no hes not somebody i know in real life, i just happened to gain a really active subscriber early on. oh and i post on twitter every time i upload a video im 99% confident it doesn't really help that much. promoting your self doesn't really help either, it leads to empty views and usually if you promote your channel the subs you get from it will be in active and i learned this the hard way, true active subs come naturally and cant be forced. so point is don't worry about views.

fARQUAD

Rising User
Feb 17, 2016
YouTube
Ok thanks or all the help. I think the initial amount of views was form friends learning of my channel and watching videos, but I think they've stopped now. I post every upload and change on my channel to Google+, but I only have one follower so I don't really see the point. Especially if I got twitter, I don't think anyone would follow etc, so it would be a bit redundant. So I am just gonna stop worrying about views, and just keep making content and improving it, then the views and subs will come. I appreciate the time you took to help me out and I'll drop a sub and watch some videos!.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I would have to agree with Zombie Ninja, you shouldn't worry about getting views, just focus on making good quality content of games that you enjoy, as in my opinion if you worry about views and subs then your less focussed on your work. What I would say is make use of your subscribers, do a call to action ask them to promote you and take time to respond to each and every comment you get.

fARQUAD

Rising User
Feb 17, 2016
YouTube
I do try to respond to every comment that is posted, and to engage subs I have a 25 sub Q&A video up so they can ask any question they want. I made a cleaner, less garish thumbnail, and a good intro and my views have definitely increased. I have used more creative titles and loads of tags, to help get some more views.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Sounds like your on the right track there, as I said don't be overly concerned with views, I would focus on getting yourself out there in terms of creating content to a schedule (Which I see you do), and just promoting yourself in your videos

RizenGaming

Rising User
Feb 11, 2016
YouTube
stop worrying about views and just make content you enjoy making, take it from somebody who has 13K views on 1 video, and hundreds if not thousands of views on multiple other videos, and then proceeds to get about 5-20 views on their daily uploads. however i get anywhere from 70-100 views across my channel per day, i also have nearly 700 videos on my channel, honestly views take time to get, the longer you have been making videos and the more videos you have on your channel the easier it will be found and the more traffic you'll see on your channel, ive only recently started even getting multiple comments every day on videos, for the longest time its just been one dude who comments on almost all my videos, and no hes not somebody i know in real life, i just happened to gain a really active subscriber early on. oh and i post on twitter every time i upload a video im 99% confident it doesn't really help that much. promoting your self doesn't really help either, it leads to empty views and usually if you promote your channel the subs you get from it will be in active and i learned this the hard way, true active subs come naturally and cant be forced. so point is don't worry about views.
I agree 100%. If you worry yourself about views constantly, you will lose the enjoyment of creating YouTube content. You can't get famous overnight. It takes hard work and patience to grow a channel.

Be sure to post content that you love creating that way you won't get burnt out of making YouTube videos.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Let me get this strange situation straight, and say straight away if I've made a grave mistake.

You've been producing content for three weeks, and you're concerned that your view counts are getting weak.
You can't expect your views to be consistent without an audience. So don't be surprised when you begin noticing their absence.

To get views consistently and predictably, one must have a channel with subscribers who watch intensively.
You don't have that yet, so give it time, and you'll surprise yourself yet.

fARQUAD

Rising User
Feb 17, 2016
YouTube
Ok thanks this has helped quite a bit. I guess the early views went to my head! I'm just gonna keep creating content for fun and not worry about the views. How long do you reckon it will take before I do start to get some active subs and a larger audience? (about 20-25 subs are mates). Also, I changed the thumbnail from that horrible green.

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Ok thanks this has helped quite a bit. I guess the early views went to my head! I'm just gonna keep creating content for fun and not worry about the views. How long do you reckon it will take before I do start to get some active subs and a larger audience? (about 20-25 subs are mates). Also, I changed the thumbnail from that horrible green.
If we could predict that I think we would all be YT hero's by now. Unfortunately its just one of those things that happens over time, it could take days, it could take weeks, months or even years to get truly active subs and seeing a much larger audience.

fARQUAD

Rising User
Feb 17, 2016
YouTube
Yea, I've just got three new games I'm gonna play with mates to increase audience. One of them did YT, and has recently started doing it again after I started,so I'm gonna do a series with him, etc. So, just keep uploading and hope I get more views/subs whatever.

The Bossman

Freedom! Member
Jan 23, 2016
YouTube
I just want to say thank you for this thread. I was having the exact same concern, but this has eased my mind a lot so saved me creating a thread. Thanks.