YouTube thinking about taking a break from youtube

tovah

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jan 25, 2018
YouTube
im doing it because 1 ive been way to hard on myself and also i haven't been consistent as in
i have 2 of my videos say 1 week ago so not all of my videos have been posted in the
same week also i feel like im going to feel like also im going to have the same thing
i had last year no uploads in the summer and i dont want that like i stress way too much
since i get really stressed also my last break was i think February this year also is
there any other way that i can fix not being very stressed so besides takeing a break how do i break

HealPleaseHeal

Renowned User
Freedom! Member
Jan 18, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
YouTube
HealPleaseHeal
At one point I was stressing out on my channel to push content out almost everyday and I would stress out when I didn't have anything. All i did was honestly ask myself, how many videos can I realistically release without putting so much time constraints on myself? Don't feel like you have to put a video out everyday. What I would suggest is make a one day a week upload. Spend time in the editing phase and make the video appealing. The last thing you want is to stress about it, otherwise your taking the fun out of developing content for your channel. Once I stopped stressing about it i found that it became enjoyable. And then saw that the I could upload more, and more. Hell if I miss a day here and there, I miss a day. If my fans are active on twitter and discord, and advise them that there's no video today, just been busy. Don't let this take the fun away. Just develop an easy to do schedule and go from there,

Thelazysideoflife

Respected User
Apr 20, 2018
YouTube
I think that taking a break is healthy because sometimes even though you are pushing too hard if you're not feeling it, it will show. So I think that as long as that allows you to make content that makes you happy go ahead