Upload Milestone Surpassed 5k Views On Latest Video

RedTheTrainer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 20, 2016
Thanks to reddit, and other forums where 3DS Modification is common my latest video has surpassed 5k views. Quite a site that so many people are taking their time to watch it

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Looking at your two major viewed videos. It would appear that they have a rather low community engagement per view.
2 likes and a dislike for 1200 views [on another video] is highly unlikely if the views are legit.

RedTheTrainer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 20, 2016
Looking at your two major viewed videos. It would appear that they have a rather low community engagement per view.
2 likes and a dislike for 1200 views [on another video] is highly unlikely if the views are legit.
You can be skeptical all you want. Due to the type of videos I upload the viewers it attracts usually come get the goods and run. If this where a guide, or even a "lets play" then yes it would have more engagement since you would be interacting with the viewers more. This is a different category and game though compared to the general videos around.

EDIT: Not to mention that the majority of the traffic comes from forums such as Reddit or Se7ensins compared to the youtube webpage. So the "modding" community that does happen to be interested interacts on those platforms.

There are other outlets sir. So I would appreciate it if you did not accuse me of "faking" my views when you did not read the whole thread(where I mentioned the outlets) or can't see my analytics

Last edited:

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
You can be skeptical all you want. Due to the type of videos I upload the viewers it attracts usually come get the goods and run. If this where a guide, or even a "lets play" then yes it would have more engagement since you would be interacting with the viewers more. This is a different category and game though compared to the general videos around.

EDIT: Not to mention that the majority of the traffic comes from forums such as Reddit or Se7ensins compared to the youtube webpage. So the "modding" community that does happen to be interested interacts on those platforms.

There are other outlets sir. So I would appreciate it if you did not accuse me of "faking" my views when you did not read the whole thread(where I mentioned the outlets) or can't see my analytics
You're being highly defensive for what would otherwise be a self-advertising method.

RedTheTrainer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 20, 2016
You're being highly defensive for what would otherwise be a self-advertising method.
I'm sure you would be too if someone was attacking your work and making false accusations :p

Either way you're free to believe what you want just please don't accuse others if you don't read their threads or know their stories. :)

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
I'm sure you would be too if someone was attacking your work and making false accusations :p

Either way you're free to believe what you want just please don't accuse others if you don't read their threads or know their stories. :)
If anything, you should be putting in some effort to try to drive that up.
Part of what YouTube uses to gauge the true success of a video is by its community engagement. The more of it you can get from others around the world, the better you'll appear in search results, and search results are the biggest thing for true success on YouTube.

RedTheTrainer

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 20, 2016
If anything, you should be putting in some effort to try to drive that up.
Part of what YouTube uses to gauge the true success of a video is by its community engagement. The more of it you can get from others around the world, the better you'll appear in search results, and search results are the biggest thing for true success on YouTube.
Do you have any recommendations on what I can do to drive up the community engagement?

Goped Fred

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Feb 13, 2016
A little place called Oblivion
YouTube
Congrats on 5k views! Community engagement is definitely hard to come by, maybe try to include a question every video for your viewers. The views are definitely great, but unfortunately they can be fruitless without some engagement. I'm not one to really talk, being a small channel, but just be a personal with your fans as you can be. I wish you luck :)