YouTube SocialBlade

Rhan

Nov 2, 2017
Reach
YouTube
Trying to figure out is SocialBlade the best website for looking at youtube stats, How accurate is it. Not a big fan of the "YouTube Analytics"

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Wrapping SocialBlade up in two words:

Enjoy responsibly.

YouTube analytics will always show the best detail you'll get for your own channel, no matter you like them or not.
SocialBlade depends on the YouTube API exactly like the YouTube analytics do, they just show it with a fancy website and a ton of caching. A ton of it.

If you want to see things like subscriber counts, view counts, video counts... SocialBlade will be OK. For your own channel nothing will beat YouTube analytics though for sniffing around other channels it's great.

Be careful with the earnings shown.
YouTube doesn't show another channel's earnings through the API, so unless you have access to manage the channel in question stay away from that. They can only give you rough estimates. By rough I don't mean anything slightly inaccurate, I mean literally unreliable. They mostly just run off a base CPM for an "average" channel before the"adpocalypse" happened. Also they only go off total views, subtract a few percent and multiply it by that old CPM, rounding it out of the park.

Even though these sites may tell you so, they can't show earnings at all. They show what most people want to see, high numbers you can use to complain about how much someone's earning. For your own channel I wouldn't substitute YouTube analytics for any data and the Freedom! Dashboard (if in the network) for final payment amounts. You can use it to see views and sub counts, those are informations taken directly from the YouTube analytics API, not much to do wrong there I guess.

Rhan

Nov 2, 2017
Reach
YouTube
Wrapping SocialBlade up in two words:

Enjoy responsibly.

YouTube analytics will always show the best detail you'll get for your own channel, no matter you like them or not.
SocialBlade depends on the YouTube API exactly like the YouTube analytics do, they just show it with a fancy website and a ton of caching. A ton of it.

If you want to see things like subscriber counts, view counts, video counts... SocialBlade will be OK. For your own channel nothing will beat YouTube analytics though for sniffing around other channels it's great.

Be careful with the earnings shown.
YouTube doesn't show another channel's earnings through the API, so unless you have access to manage the channel in question stay away from that. They can only give you rough estimates. By rough I don't mean anything slightly inaccurate, I mean literally unreliable. They mostly just run off a base CPM for an "average" channel before the"adpocalypse" happened. Also they only go off total views, subtract a few percent and multiply it by that old CPM, rounding it out of the park.

Even though these sites may tell you so, they can't show earnings at all. They show what most people want to see, high numbers you can use to complain about how much someone's earning. For your own channel I wouldn't substitute YouTube analytics for any data and the Freedom! Dashboard (if in the network) for final payment amounts. You can use it to see views and sub counts, those are informations taken directly from the YouTube analytics API, not much to do wrong there I guess.
Thanks for the info, I've just always liked "instant Gratification" and with YouTube's Analytics It usually takes about 2-3 days to completely be up to date; at least for our channel, but I keep your words in mind.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
Thanks for the info, I've just always liked "instant Gratification" and with YouTube's Analytics It usually takes about 2-3 days to completely be up to date; at least for our channel, but I keep your words in mind.
So you prefer fast and inaccurate information over accurate information? If I'd known that I'd have posted a two letter reply instead of that novel :p

Rhan

Nov 2, 2017
Reach
YouTube
So you prefer fast and inaccurate information over accurate information? If I'd known that I'd have posted a two letter reply instead of that novel :p

I didn't say I preferred SocialBlade I said it would be better if YouTube's Analytics updated faster, I understand that I phrased it wrong up above

Otf Rex

New User
Nov 4, 2017
YouTube
hello hello im new to this, who does music? i do music, i wonder if we're feeling good today who feels good?

PrettyKoolCat

Freedom! Member
Mar 11, 2016
YouTube
PrettyKoolCat
I have to admit that I watch Socialblade a lot but it's only accurate on sub counts.
The view count is often off and the earnings is really off.

I wish I could find something better too. :)