Do you promote your videos? If yes, let me know how you do it!

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Shoot and Scoot

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Hey guys!
Scoot here, I wanted to discuss something that has really been bothering me lately...
Now here's the thing and don't get me wrong, but these channels that are doing the "Super Shoutout Sunday" things are getting Super Annoying! (Pun Intended) They are baiting people to subscribe, and comment, and all this stuff to get a shoutout on their channel of 30k subs! Props to these guys for getting to that level, but when your just having people subscribe to be shouted out, it gets a little aggravating. I put a lot of hard work, and money into my videos and the quality. I have been doing this for a year, and I'm only at 500 subs! These guys get to 30k in four or five months, which makes me ask you guys a question. Do you think these are earned legitimately? If so, how are they growing so fast?? I promote my videos, and it's pricey, so unless they are paying a few hundred dollars a video, or sub botting, I don't see how they are getting these subs! They don't have the greatest content either, it's nothing spectacular that stands out to grow that fast. Anyways, that is just something that has been annoying me because on the past few videos I've posted, these channels comment the same thing telling me to subscribe to them and their friends, like, and comment in order to enter for the shoutout to earn upwards of 300 subs. The reason I think it's a sub bot is because they post the same comments, the minute I upload my videos. Let me know what you guys think, and how you guys help grow your channels!
~Scoot

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
Channels like that will probably get terminated eventually, it's stated by YouTube that manipulating metrics is not allowed. So things like requiring someone to subscribe to a channel for a service is not allowed.

Try not to take too much notice of other channel, keep growing your channel the right way and it will pay off in the end :)

Creative Myth

Respected User
Nov 5, 2016
YouTube
CreativeMyth
I don't believe these channels will get terminated. To me they aren't really doing anything except for wasting peoples time. They get so much subs because most smaller channels are desperate for a shout out even by a channel that only has 1,000 subs. Any small channel can instantly triple views by starting a shout out series. Then they say you have to sub and stay active to be chosen for a shout out, because the smaller desperate channels will do that without hesitation. But what most channels don't realize is that a shout out from a channel with a few thousand subs would do **** for you. The most it will do is give you a load of inactive subs. Let's be real, the number of subs you have don't mean anything if they aren't watching your content. While I don't agree with this method because it is kind of like a scam, but I don't think they should be terminated or punished.[DOUBLEPOST=1485623542][/DOUBLEPOST]As far as them commenting as soon as you upload, that is a bot doing that. There is no way on hell or heaven you can find a video with less than 100 views the minute it is upload and write a 3 sentence comment.

Reactions: Shoot and Scoot

Shoot and Scoot

Rising User
Freedom! Member
I don't believe these channels will get terminated. To me they aren't really doing anything except for wasting peoples time. They get so much subs because most smaller channels are desperate for a shout out even by a channel that only has 1,000 subs. Any small channel can instantly triple views by starting a shout out series. Then they say you have to sub and stay active to be chosen for a shout out, because the smaller desperate channels will do that without hesitation. But what most channels don't realize is that a shout out from a channel with a few thousand subs would do **** for you. The most it will do is give you a load of inactive subs. Let's be real, the number of subs you have don't mean anything if they aren't watching your content. While I don't agree with this method because it is kind of like a scam, but I don't think they should be terminated or punished.[DOUBLEPOST=1485623542][/DOUBLEPOST]As far as them commenting as soon as you upload, that is a bot doing that. There is no way on hell or heaven you can find a video with less than 100 views the minute it is upload and write a 3 sentence comment.
Thanks for that! I agree with you completely!

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Channels like that will probably get terminated eventually, it's stated by YouTube that manipulating metrics is not allowed. So things like requiring someone to subscribe to a channel for a service is not allowed.

Try not to take too much notice of other channel, keep growing your channel the right way and it will pay off in the end :)

when you look out for other channels more than yourself then theres nothing wrong with shout outs, i hate the kind of shout outs that stat you have to subscribe to them and others to be able to be even be thought about to be in the shout out its really annoying

Shoot and Scoot

Rising User
Freedom! Member
when you look out for other channels more than yourself then theres nothing wrong with shout outs, i hate the kind of shout outs that stat you have to subscribe to them and others to be able to be even be thought about to be in the shout out its really annoying
Yea for sure, I do shoutouts and what not! But I dont make it something crazy, where you have to enter, like if you make me fan art, youre getting a shoutout, if i like your channel and we get along, youll get a shoutout and stuff like that. but not basing my whole channel off of shoutouts!

Scalperhero

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Yea for sure, I do shoutouts and what not! But I dont make it something crazy, where you have to enter, like if you make me fan art, youre getting a shoutout, if i like your channel and we get along, youll get a shoutout and stuff like that. but not basing my whole channel off of shoutouts!

i made my shout outs into a challenge kind of thing win the challenge and well that person gets the shout out, i wanted to do a challenge video and had nothing for the winner so decided shout out will be just as good, the way iv done mine is no one has to subscribe to anyone anyone can enter and anyone could win, the only real thing i ask people to do is just to at least take a look at the winners channel after that its up to the person taking a look on what they do :D but i agree i also not based my channel off of shout outs, there are so many ways to make shout out videos and yet people use them to better there own channel for no damn reason and to be honest its making shout out videos the worst thing to hit youtube

Reactions: Shoot and Scoot

Shoot and Scoot

Rising User
Freedom! Member
i made my shout outs into a challenge kind of thing win the challenge and well that person gets the shout out, i wanted to do a challenge video and had nothing for the winner so decided shout out will be just as good, the way iv done mine is no one has to subscribe to anyone anyone can enter and anyone could win, the only real thing i ask people to do is just to at least take a look at the winners channel after that its up to the person taking a look on what they do :D but i agree i also not based my channel off of shout outs, there are so many ways to make shout out videos and yet people use them to better there own channel for no damn reason and to be honest its making shout out videos the worst thing to hit youtube
Exactly!

Reactions: Scalperhero