Should I do more?

Phil Kidd

Human Person
Freedom! Member
Dec 10, 2014
Ottawa
YouTube
could you guys check out this vid and see if it's interesting. I'm wondering if I should do another one and maybe some more with a different game. Thoughts?

A short intro to the concept of the video and who your guest is would be nice. If you ever listen to serious sit-down radio hosts, they'll spent a good 30sec-1min introducing and buttering up their guest. This really puts the guest at ease and makes them feel even closer to you (or at least puts them in an agreeable mood). As someone who studied journalism, I can attest to this.

Also (and this is something that takes practice, as with any sort of journalism) I feel this video would be much more engaging if you engaged more with your guest, instead of just asking him question after question. You started to do this a bit more half way through the video. By engaging I mean getting him to elaborate, or to try and open up more by drawing him out with phrases like "that sounds like quite the unique experience" or, "fair point, is that perhaps because playing the assassin speaks to your personality more than a brawler does?

The questions on screen: You could do without these, though if they're really important, they need to stay on screen for at least a few seconds. Right now they just fly across and are gone before they are even noticeable.

Definitely a good concept and I'd certainly like to see more. Good call on having no music too.

TheFrostyPenguin

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 26, 2015
United States
YouTube
A short intro to the concept of the video and who your guest is would be nice. If you ever listen to serious sit-down radio hosts, they'll spent a good 30sec-1min introducing and buttering up their guest. This really puts the guest at ease and makes them feel even closer to you (or at least puts them in an agreeable mood). As someone who studied journalism, I can attest to this.

Also (and this is something that takes practice, as with any sort of journalism) I feel this video would be much more engaging if you engaged more with your guest, instead of just asking him question after question. You started to do this a bit more half way through the video. By engaging I mean getting him to elaborate, or to try and open up more by drawing him out with phrases like "that sounds like quite the unique experience" or, "fair point, is that perhaps because playing the assassin speaks to your personality more than a brawler does?

The questions on screen: You could do without these, though if they're really important, they need to stay on screen for at least a few seconds. Right now they just fly across and are gone before they are even noticeable.

Definitely a good concept and I'd certainly like to see more. Good call on having no music too.

Thanks man!