Tips & Tricks Separating microphone audio and game audio

Jack Mundy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2017
YouTube
Hello everyone,
hope your all having a good day/night.
I've been using obs and Nvidia programs to record my game play and Sony Vegas 13 to edit ( cant afford 14 at the moment as i purchased 13 6 months back).
I am wondering if you have any tips on how to separate the audio files and camera from game files when i come to edit. Sometimes it seems like i need to turn my microphone up or my game play, plus moving my camera around my screen for convenience.
If anyone has a different programs that'll be good for this or tips on how to do it with these that would be amazing.
thanks
T2Jack

D

Deleted member 17740

Hello everyone,
hope your all having a good day/night.
I've been using obs and Nvidia programs to record my game play and Sony Vegas 13 to edit ( cant afford 14 at the moment as i purchased 13 6 months back).
I am wondering if you have any tips on how to separate the audio files and camera from game files when i come to edit. Sometimes it seems like i need to turn my microphone up or my game play, plus moving my camera around my screen for convenience.
If anyone has a different programs that'll be good for this or tips on how to do it with these that would be amazing.
thanks
T2Jack
I have the exact same problem, due to the way OBS records its audio, i always get funny sounding audio in my videos D: But you know what OBS is like with those types of updates...
The day that OBS adds an option to record mic audio separately from the main video file will be when half-life 3 comes out :D lol

Reactions: Jack Mundy

LtGeneralStore

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2015
Pennsylvania, USA
YouTube
LtGeneralStore
Well I'm not sure how it works for obs but there is a setting in Mrillis Action that I checked to separate game and voice audio. After I record I just right click on the recording file and select "extract audio stream" or something like that. After that process is done I have 3 files, game audio, voice audio, and the original recording. I then use audacity to edit the audio files.

Jack Mundy

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 12, 2017
YouTube
Well I'm not sure how it works for obs but there is a setting in Mrillis Action that I checked to separate game and voice audio. After I record I just right click on the recording file and select "extract audio stream" or something like that. After that process is done I have 3 files, game audio, voice audio, and the original recording. I then use audacity to edit the audio files.
thanks for the message. i will have to look into that, thank you very much :)

Trippst3r

Freedom! Member
Sep 7, 2016
United States
YouTube
ItsTrippst3r
For a while, I would record my gameplay and game audio with Shadowplay, and my mic with Audacity.

Now, I use OBS Studio. I know other posts said it doesn't work properly, but I haven't had problems with the tracks separating yet. I load my recording file into my editing software (Vegas Movie Studio 13 Platinum) and the separate audio tracks show up.

Reactions: Jack Mundy