Entertainment My YouTube Story

TechGuruMax

Freedom! Member
Jan 30, 2016
YouTube
Hi Everyone, I'm TechGuruMax! Let see, I started YouTube back in 2010 as a Student Campus Rep for ASUS International. As part of my Student Rep agreement I made YouTube videos on "How to Mod" their laptops/ netbook/ you get the idea. The program has since dissolved and near the end College during my internships friends and co-workers were really interested in my /silly/ fishtank livestream. Here I thought "Who wants to watch fish from their computer?!?" Apparently, a few people do lol. At the free LiveStream I used wasn't HD and I felt I was cheating people out of seeing how pretty these animals are, so I decided to record it and post it on my YouTube Channel. Over time that Channel became very confusing, a mix of tech and fish... I didn't like it, then I found out we can make sub-channels! So I made the decision to close that channel and start two fresh channels! TechGuruMax and SomewhereAquarium! The "Somewhere" is a jab at a show I like on NHK "Somewhere Street" lol, the idea of my Aquarium channel being that my videos "take" you into the world of aquariums from the perspective of a fish. Sounds relaxing huh? Well, I didn't know it at the time but my busy personal/school/work life ended up giving me sorta high Stage 1 hypertension. Honestly, I was a bit scared, but I decided nothing was more important than my health and did everything in my power to fix it. The YouTube channel help me relax a bunch and I learned to improve my work/life balance. Along the way I found Freedom on a Blog site. I was looking at other MCN but Freedom's "You can leave anytime you're not happy" confidence really attracted me. I wasn't looking for a MCN to do anything for me to help me grow because I thought "Nobody else likes watching fish, everyone's into FPS, react, or other mainstream stuff" but Freedom does indeed have some pretty useful tools. Now I have 3 YouTube channels, they don't have many views or subs, but I have learnt a ton on this journey and I hope to share my passion with the world.

Prology

Legendary User
Freedom! Member
Jun 14, 2015
YouTube
Hey , welcome to Freedom , I hope you enjoy your stay and if you need any help just ask :)

Nuke

Proud Nerd & YouTuber
Freedom! Member
Hi Everyone, I'm TechGuruMax! Let see, I started YouTube back in 2010 as a Student Campus Rep for ASUS International. As part of my Student Rep agreement I made YouTube videos on "How to Mod" their laptops/ netbook/ you get the idea. The program has since dissolved and near the end College during my internships friends and co-workers were really interested in my /silly/ fishtank livestream. Here I thought "Who wants to watch fish from their computer?!?" Apparently, a few people do lol. At the free LiveStream I used wasn't HD and I felt I was cheating people out of seeing how pretty these animals are, so I decided to record it and post it on my YouTube Channel. Over time that Channel became very confusing, a mix of tech and fish... I didn't like it, then I found out we can make sub-channels! So I made the decision to close that channel and start two fresh channels! TechGuruMax and SomewhereAquarium! The "Somewhere" is a jab at a show I like on NHK "Somewhere Street" lol, the idea of my Aquarium channel being that my videos "take" you into the world of aquariums from the perspective of a fish. Sounds relaxing huh? Well, I didn't know it at the time but my busy personal/school/work life ended up giving me sorta high Stage 1 hypertension. Honestly, I was a bit scared, but I decided nothing was more important than my health and did everything in my power to fix it. The YouTube channel help me relax a bunch and I learned to improve my work/life balance. Along the way I found Freedom on a Blog site. I was looking at other MCN but Freedom's "You can leave anytime you're not happy" confidence really attracted me. I wasn't looking for a MCN to do anything for me to help me grow because I thought "Nobody else likes watching fish, everyone's into FPS, react, or other mainstream stuff" but Freedom does indeed have some pretty useful tools. Now I have 3 YouTube channels, they don't have many views or subs, but I have learnt a ton on this journey and I hope to share my passion with the world.
Welcome to the community and good luck with your YouTube adventures :)

Izaak.L

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Nov 11, 2015
York, Pennsylvania
literallylowd
Welcome to the Freedom Forums, and that is a very interesting story. Everyone got into YouTube one way or another, and I can definitely figure out how you figured out your channel name. If you need help or anything please don't be afraid to message me or you can refer to the link down below.

Reactions: Nuke