Network More Giveaways

Alpha Z

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 13, 2016
Arizona
YouTube
Many of us are just starting of our channel and could use some incentive to keep active in the forums. For example freedom should giveaway cameras, microphones and other things that could help improve a channel. Your car giveaway is ridiculous but by the time it is given away who know when that will be.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
Here's the point of a sponsorship.

A company will only sponsor your channel if it believes that you will help get them a net positive return on their investment (i.e. You).
Freedom!, if it was a sponsoring business, would very likely give you a product like a camera or a microphone if they believed that if you made a video reviewing it, they would see some kind of gain from the video.

Lets make it a more plausible scenario. Freedom! is an MCN, a business. Now let's say it did give cameras away to its partners. It would go out of business in a heartbeat if it gave them to new channels without a name for themselves.
A half decent camera is easily $500, a good microphone is around $100. So a company would sponsor you if they believed they'd make some kind of gain for their business from it.
So in order to pay back the MCN (in this case) for their camera given to you, you'd need to get ~$500 worth of ad revenue sent to them, which given the base revenue share would mean you'd have to earn more than a million views after you get the camera.

There is a reason that companies will refuse to product sponsor a small channel with little to no promise for a potential future gain for the business. Simply because they won't get a return on their investment, and that's just business.

Alpha Z

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 13, 2016
Arizona
YouTube
It wasn't meant as a way for every single channel out there to get a camera or mic. I meant more opportunities for those just starting out.

Nolan Westmore

I take up space
Freedom! Member
Jul 29, 2014
Canada
Actxr
My point still stands.
Freedom! is a business, and it would be harmful to the business to give things away when they don't expect a return on the investment.
We tried doing 365 days of giveaways before. Headsets, keyboards, mice, that kind of thing. But the comment section just go destroyed with spam and people trying far too hard to get the free thing.

The alternative would be to do what I did, and invest in content creation using your own money and then run YouTube as an investment as opposed to a job. I have invested nearly $4500 CAD (~$3200 USD) in my content creation. The content I produce is of really good quality but I still have alot of growing and learning to do before I see a return on my investment.

Alpha Z

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Jan 13, 2016
Arizona
YouTube
I did not know that actually!
Yeah I just graduated from college and have been applying for jobs but once I can get a job I will invest money on my equipment! :)