Gaming Me First Ever Montage Tip's & Trick's Wanted =)

Denntonn

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2015
Stafford
YouTube
Tried
something a little different with my editing & the way I linked the audio and the video together from now on I think I'm going to stick to the topic of "Montage"
I would like some help and advice on growing & creating better content

KennethAAndrews

New User
Mar 30, 2017
That's really good editing. My only gripe is the many quick cuts. Just personally I want to see killstreaks and bad ass tense moments where you barely make it... or barely don't. All the quick cuts makes it hard for me to get into because the screen is just going black every 3 seconds. Good choice of music though. It was catchy. Would that be something that freedom gives you access to?

Reactions: Denntonn

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Tried
something a little different with my editing & the way I linked the audio and the video together from now on I think I'm going to stick to the topic of "Montage"
I would like some help and advice on growing & creating better content

You make good use of the Slow feature and though a bit basic still a good montage :)

xXiAmPr3dAtOrXx

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Sony Vegas ATM really want to learn After Effects
Some of your clips had what seemed like motion blur (not the kind you want) because of either low framerate of the recording, or when you put the clip into VEGAS it resampled it, make sure in future you disable resampling to get a cleaner video and it will make it higher quality once effects are appplied.

KennethAAndrews

New User
Mar 30, 2017
Turning off resampling is a good bet. But to be honest it's most likely caused by recording it at a standard frame rate. If you plan on doing slow motion you want to record as many FPS as possible. So 60 as opposed to 30.

One thing I'm not familiar with is if you can even record any faster than 60? Pretty much every recording app I've seen tops out at 60FPS. Sure it's mostly pointless. But if you plan on doing slow motion it would be nice.

Reactions: xXiAmPr3dAtOrXx

Denntonn

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Feb 12, 2015
Stafford
YouTube
That's really good editing. My only gripe is the many quick cuts. Just personally I want to see killstreaks and bad ass tense moments where you barely make it... or barely don't. All the quick cuts makes it hard for me to get into because the screen is just going black every 3 seconds. Good choice of music though. It was catchy. Would that be something that freedom gives you access to?
i'll try work on it more thank's buddy =) and response to you're recording, at 60 fps I use Radeon ReLive so it record's at the fps i get in game =)[DOUBLEPOST=1490865145][/DOUBLEPOST]
Some of your clips had what seemed like motion blur (not the kind you want) because of either low framerate of the recording, or when you put the clip into VEGAS it resampled it, make sure in future you disable resampling to get a cleaner video and it will make it higher quality once effects are appplied.
i'll look into taking resampling off thank's man =)

B

Bennick

IM not gonna lie that looks sick man!!![DOUBLEPOST=1490887302][/DOUBLEPOST]how long did it take you to make?

S

Sapodilla

Looks good, Maybe next time you could do other things like disable the HUD using in game commands such as cl_draw_only_deathnotices to remove all HUD except the death notices. You could also try adding color correction to make it look more interesting.