United Kingdom
www.youtube.com
YouTube

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Well most of the time its done based on a computer algorithm aimed at specific key words or phrases which may be included in either the title, tags or descriptions. Or it could also be a target on a specific type of content, which is deemed by the meta data of the video - for example title of the game being played, the type of content you outlined you do. Not overly much more to say about it, unfortunately.

Reactions: KingFansuri

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Hey Everyone, to try and work out what is causing the evil yellow dot...

I thought we should start posting examples and start talking about in more depth.

Here is a couple of mine I have 5 out of 57 yellow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgS_FouZzao
10 Most Populated of Cities of The Future by 2030

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BW3aE2ryFE

Top 10 Biggest Bears In The World
Most times it is due to certain words in yiur title, description or tags. My gaming videos sometimes turn yellow for maybe a day but go green afterwards so there isn't really much you can do since YouTube has this new policy.

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
In the end if you can't find stuff under your tags (Fun Fact: Google takes every tiny soft swearword, to give you a perspective there their Beta API using artificial intelligence to notice rude comments and stuff marks everything using the word "stupid" with high priority so try getting rid even of words that are even remotely controversial, no matter how far fetched that may be) it's just them scanning the video and finding something random. You'll never know what it is in the end.

Miccelangelo

New User
Freedom! Member
Apr 3, 2017
Sweden
YouTube
ReKt100Gaming
People are talking about they want their channels whitelisted by Youtube. I don't know if that's an option, but I do know that you can get blacklisted! A collab friend to me uploads a lot of GTA videos, with no swearing from his end (although the game itself can be quite rough) and always gets his videos yellow flagged. He also uploads other videos, such as Ark, Minecraft and so on and they also get flagged. In the end he uploaded a video with just a blank screen on it and no sound. The title was a dot and no tags or description. Still got flagged! So yeah, if you get a lot of flagged videos to start with, you apparently can be blacklisted. I think the AI needs to be removed, honestly.

Reactions: LW