Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 16, 2015
USA
RockieGO.com
YouTube
Rockiego
see what my next channel will be...

lets see what i can rip off,and change some music and film speed to make it my own and be RICH!!

I see this crap all the time on YouTube, so long its family safe. YT doesn't care much

Reactions: Vigilant

RoboPlayground

Rising User
Oct 19, 2017
YouTube
i get that its funny and not much will report it but can anyone tell me if this is this copyright free what he is doing here if no why does he get to upload regularly monetize and nothing happens and has a entire channel on these type of videos[DOUBLEPOST=1517277195][/DOUBLEPOST]i dont want a answer on anyone opinion on the channel just wana know if there is anything wrong with it copyright wise im thinking of making a channel like this

RockieGO

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 16, 2015
USA
RockieGO.com
YouTube
Rockiego

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
This channel shoots miles beyond fair use, how would you know it isn't striked or claimed though? You can mess with copyright if you want to but as soon as you're caught you're gone.

RoboPlayground

Rising User
Oct 19, 2017
YouTube
why would i get strikes and claims if this channel is not is this guy lucky or does what he is doing fall under some kind of fair use ?

LW

Community Manager
Administrator
Freedom! Member
Apr 2, 2016
Vienna, Austria
twitter.com
YouTube
lw_001
why would i get strikes and claims if this channel is not is this guy lucky or does what he is doing fall under some kind of fair use ?
1) you can't tell who is monetizing a video
2) you can't tell whether a channel is in amazing standing or one strike away from being terminated
3) just because he isn't being caught doesn't mean he can't get caught. If a rights owner wants to take down a video they can.

Also where's the fun in reuploading videos others have made? Why not grow your audience with your own personality instead of throwing other people's videos on the wall hoping they stick? If you want to make money, get a job and earn it morally.

Your question is pretty much looking at someone who robbed a jewelry store but wasn't yet caught by police asking why you can't rob a store yourself.

Reactions: Kratos Aurion

RoboPlayground

Rising User
Oct 19, 2017
YouTube
im shocked that u said 1) you can't tell who is monetizing a video .............................
and from what i get u are saying what he is doing is wrong just not caught yet and thanks fincally not so much of a beat around the bush answer but her its a good answer

RoboPlayground

Rising User
Oct 19, 2017
YouTube
yea i can pretty sure if someone profit is keep being claimed and he is getting no money he wont continuously uploading that same type of content its only common sense hope u are not a official here if so u should actually be fired

Koala_Steamed

Mythic User
At first I thought this was just plain copyright, but I looks like it falls under fair use. They are splicing videos together for comedic effect and adding sound/music over it as well. So they are essentially creating "new content". That being said I'd hate to be their lawyer...

Just be very careful if you want to make a channel like this, there is a difference between just finding your favorite videos and reuploading together vs what this channel is doing.

yea i can pretty sure if someone profit is keep being claimed and he is getting no money he wont continuously uploading that same type of content its only common sense hope u are not a official here if so u should actually be fired

It's possible for monetization to be claimed by multiple parties. So if a music clip goes for 5% of the video they can claim 5% of the monetization. The own of this channel may only be getting a % of the overall demonetization.

Last edited:
Reactions: LW and RockieGO

RockieGO

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Mar 16, 2015
USA
RockieGO.com
YouTube
Rockiego
Yeah........

try this.
https://www.videomaker.com/article/c2/14261-whats-legal-youtube-fair-use-vs-copyright-laws

There are two areas. FAIR USE and COPYRIGHT.

some being old and seen on TV, could fall into fair use. and with not one noticing it and being a short videos, could fall into that.
its a FINE line between those two..
-
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797449?hl=en
https://www.youtube.com/intl/en-GB/yt/about/copyright/fair-use/
www.youtube.com/yt/copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.