Request Is my first video up to scratch?

travisdoesstuff

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 30, 2014
YouTube
I am just starting up YouTube and put a lot of effort into my first video, I need to know what I did well what I did wrong (if anything :p) and what I should do more of or less of for future videos. Or at least anything you have to say about it :)

Just Luke

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Mar 15, 2016
Belguim
YouTube
Wow that's a really great video! I was gonna try to give you some feedback on how to improve your videos but this is top quality content already. You did a really good job on the editing, I wouldn't be able to do it better myself. I'm curious to see what your next video is going to be like.

travisdoesstuff

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 30, 2014
YouTube
Wow that's a really great video! I was gonna try to give you some feedback on how to improve your videos but this is top quality content already. You did a really good job on the editing, I wouldn't be able to do it better myself. I'm curious to see what your next video is going to be like.
Thank you so much it means a lot to know i'm doing the right thing and people enjoy it, and in my opinion my next video is even better (it comes out on April 1st).

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
I am just starting up YouTube and put a lot of effort into my first video, I need to know what I did well what I did wrong (if anything :p) and what I should do more of or less of for future videos. Or at least anything you have to say about it :)
You have a specific demographic for people that will like your channel. But, between the cuts, you have a change in tone at times, like you revved up your engine, held in a deep breath, to say your sentence. The comment about girls "personalities" might be offputting, but that just depends on the younger people watching your video.

travisdoesstuff

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 30, 2014
YouTube
You have a specific demographic for people that will like your channel. But, between the cuts, you have a change in tone at times, like you revved up your engine, held in a deep breath, to say your sentence. The comment about girls "personalities" might be offputting, but that just depends on the younger people watching your video.
Yeah I was worried about some of the jokes such as that one coming off as kind of rude, but I am trying to aim for a higher age group of people who would probably understand that its supposed to be a joke and is far from what I am actually like. In terms of the cuts that was on purpose however I want to know is it a good or bad thing? Anyway I appreciate your comment as it is useful to get opinions from different perspectives.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Yeah I was worried about some of the jokes such as that one coming off as kind of rude, but I am trying to aim for a higher age group of people who would probably understand that its supposed to be a joke and is far from what I am actually like. In terms of the cuts that was on purpose however I want to know is it a good or bad thing? Anyway I appreciate your comment as it is useful to get opinions from different perspectives.
So you're going for satire? It depends on the audience, I feel the younger people would find it more entertaining. If you know what you're doing, you'll attract a different amount of people. I was just curious if you were aware on a few considerations. It's not inherently bad, but some people do things they are unaware of.

travisdoesstuff

Respected User
Freedom! Member
May 30, 2014
YouTube
So you're going for satire? It depends on the audience, I feel the younger people would find it more entertaining. If you know what you're doing, you'll attract a different amount of people. I was just curious if you were aware on a few considerations. It's not inherently bad, but some people do things they are unaware of.
Well I say higher age group as in I don't want a bunch of 9 year olds XD. I think in later videos I will watch the cuts, it was probably just me trying to keep up with a fast pace i'll probably learn as I go along.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Well I say higher age group as in I don't want a bunch of 9 year olds XD. I think in later videos I will watch the cuts, it was probably just me trying to keep up with a fast pace i'll probably learn as I go along.
Yeah, take everything day by day, because they might end up pulling the crown in :p It's good to see what works for you personally.