YouTube Is my Content Outdated?

LeoGaming

Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2016
Singapore
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Hey there freedom family! Hope all of you are doing good! Currently, I make Battlefield 1 and GTA V videos. However, for my Battlefield 1 videos, I don’t know if I’m producing some outdated content as there are paid DLCs for the game but I did not get them. That means that I make videos on the old stuff of the game (stuff that was released when the game came out). Does this make my content outdated and impede my channel growth?

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
yes for a game like COD and battlefield making videos about the previous games can heavily impede your growth for the fans of these series have been known to quickly go to the newest version

Reactions: LeoGaming

LeoGaming

Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2016
Singapore
www.youtube.com
YouTube
yes for a game like COD and battlefield making videos about the previous games can heavily impede your growth for the fans of these series have been known to quickly go to the newest version
Thanks for the reply dude! But I’m playing the latest version of the game. It’s just that I did not buy the paid updates of the game.

RAB2784LetsPlays

Rising User
Jan 23, 2015
YouTube
Not really I think cause I know many big small and in between YouTubers that play old and new games ( me being on of them ) but growth will come if you keep pushing I feel, I do old or new videos whatever I feel I wanna play and my enjoyment for the games come through which is why I think I’m growing a little ( all be it slowly ) haha

Reactions: LeoGaming

riganthor

Distinguished User
Freedom! Member
Mar 10, 2015
YouTube
Riganthor
Not really I think cause I know many big small and in between YouTubers that play old and new games ( me being on of them ) but growth will come if you keep pushing I feel, I do old or new videos whatever I feel I wanna play and my enjoyment for the games come through which is why I think I’m growing a little ( all be it slowly ) haha
it depends onwhich franchiseyouplay on how muchppl would wannawatch it like, if you play crusader kings now you can get anywhere from1 to 100K views even though its over 9 years old but for COD or battlefield this is way less

LeoGaming

Freedom! Member
Dec 22, 2016
Singapore
www.youtube.com
YouTube
Haha alright :) thanks for the reply![DOUBLEPOST=1511700289][/DOUBLEPOST]
it depends onwhich franchiseyouplay on how muchppl would wannawatch it like, if you play crusader kings now you can get anywhere from1 to 100K views even though its over 9 years old but for COD or battlefield this is way less
Yeah that’s true. But you should still do the videos you love making and you will definitely get an audience. People may get attracted to things that you feel nobody would get attracted to since many people see things in very different ways!