Tips & Tricks How to grow this YouTube channel?

SesanTheDesigner

Rising User
May 1, 2017
YouTube
MeatlesssBacon
My name is MeatlessBacon. I run a YouTube channel approaching 8,000 subscribers and 100K total views. While I am very proud of this achievement, unfortunately, my channel has stayed at these marks for 2 years and stopped growing. Its come to a point where my subscriber number is declining too.

I need help from all of you. I was wondering if you could take a look at my channel, and besides the uploading consistency, let me know what I can do to maximize my views and subscribers.

Thank you. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I looked at your channel and I have to say your audio is great, and the background music isn't overpowering which is nice. You have a great personality and that shows on your videos. I did notice your not putting that much info into the descriptions on each video, normally just including your media links and a thank you notice. I would definitely try and write a short statement somewhere regarding what the video is about, even if this is just to get your key words repeated, as this can help with SEO. Don't forget you shouldn't place any tags in the description (not saying you have done or will do but just wanted this to be a nice reminder).

Other than that personally I don't think you are making the most use of your tags, from what I've seen you use around 5-8 tags per video, which are very general and broad. You should always try and use a variety of tags both general and specific to maximise your chances of gaining viewers - I would also suggest putting your channel name in each of your tags as this has sometimes help influence 'recommended feeds' and the 'up next' video list next to the video.

Reactions: SannuG

SesanTheDesigner

Rising User
May 1, 2017
YouTube
MeatlesssBacon
I looked at your channel and I have to say your audio is great, and the background music isn't overpowering which is nice. You have a great personality and that shows on your videos. I did notice your not putting that much info into the descriptions on each video, normally just including your media links and a thank you notice. I would definitely try and write a short statement somewhere regarding what the video is about, even if this is just to get your key words repeated, as this can help with SEO. Don't forget you shouldn't place any tags in the description (not saying you have done or will do but just wanted this to be a nice reminder).

Other than that personally I don't think you are making the most use of your tags, from what I've seen you use around 5-8 tags per video, which are very general and broad. You should always try and use a variety of tags both general and specific to maximise your chances of gaining viewers - I would also suggest putting your channel name in each of your tags as this has sometimes help influence 'recommended feeds' and the 'up next' video list next to the video.
Thank you very much I appreciate the feedback. I have been told about the tags numerous times and for some reason I didn't take that feedback seriously. You are the 8th person who has told me about that being my weakness, and perhaps this is wakeup call to improve on that. So thank you once again.

Just a few questions:

1. How are you able to view my tags? Is there an option for that on YouTube?

2. Would you reccomend using those "YouTube Tag Generators" online to help with this?

3. Will the stuff I write in the description affect the chances of someone finding me in a search engine?

SannuG

Respected User
Freedom! Member
Jun 23, 2016
Recently I've made an appropriate thread in regards to this over at here: https://freedom.community.tm/threads/why-arent-you-growing.228203/

I am sorry @zeke morgan for advertising the thread of mine in another thread, but, thought that it'd be useful.[DOUBLEPOST=1499621711][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you very much I appreciate the feedback. I have been told about the tags numerous times and for some reason I didn't take that feedback seriously. You are the 8th person who has told me about that being my weakness, and perhaps this is wakeup call to improve on that. So thank you once again.

Just a few questions:

2. Would you reccomend using those "YouTube Tag Generators" online to help with this?

3. Will the stuff I write in the description affect the chances of someone finding me in a search engine?

Yes, you need to greatly improve on your tags usage, since it does help with your YouTube video overall SEO, anything above 25 is good, and, in order to see youtube tags, then you can use vidIQ: https://vidiq.com/apps/vision/ It's YouTube Certificated app on Chrome which can help you to check your TAGS and what is your overall SEO score, also, what I suggest you to use is End Cards, and, Card notifications on your videos which forwards to, also, if you subscribe, you get more options unlocked, but reminder; it costs money, other options are available too, but, you need to check them on chrome app score.

Last edited:

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube

Just a few questions:

1) You are able to see tags through certain apps / programmes, such as VidIQ or even Tubebuddy
2) Yes and no - Sometimes Youtube tag generators are helpful for thinking up tags related to your video that you may not of thought about, however they can be notorious for throwing up inappropriate or misleading tags - all that I would say is if you are going to use it then make sure you take note of the tags and don't use any that aren't relevant to your video
3) Yes as this is included in YouTubes meta data - it could effect your SEO and as such improve your chances of being seen

Reactions: SannuG