YouTube How to gain subs

DiabolicalHam

Apr 23, 2017
YouTube
I get pretty good growth just being active on these forums and if you're in school let your friends know about your channel aswell :)
My friendship group is very small plus I'm not very well liked where I went high school. The last channel I had most people their destroyed it by spamming views and commenting inappropriately and making memes to play in classes etc.

Alex Ecker

Respected User
Mar 15, 2017
Wadena, Minnesota
YouTube
imReactss
My friendship group is very small plus I'm not very well liked where I went high school. The last channel I had most people their destroyed it by spamming views and commenting inappropriately and making memes to play in classes etc.
I'm a senior in high school and im kinda the class clown so i get that but i wouldn't let that get to you cause they're just hating and if you spend all the time getting your channel off the ground then restart it cause of people who might not mean that much to you when you graduate school is kind of pointless in my opinion. Just keep uploading videos that you enjoy making and have fun with it and you'll make it. Some channels just take longer to develop but if you don't quit and get discouraged by all the haters you'll make it :)

Reactions: Nathan Sumner

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
As mentioned by @Alex Ecker some channels just take time to develop and grow. Using forums such as this one can definitely help get you (as a content creator) out there and can help build different opportunities for you to grow, through collaborations, sharing videos or just building friendships.

Also I had a look at your channel just to see if I could recommend anything and I noticed, in my opinion a few points you might want to look into : -
- 1) You may wish to change / look at your Youtube homescreen as this seems very disorganised and doesn't give off the best impression, you have a tiny blurb about yourself right underneath your banner, which might be better suited in a 'About' section, you have playlists below (which is good that you are organising for easy access) - Take for example your homescreen - here - compared to this one - here - the later one is much more organised, and looks more professional
- 2) Work on your thumbnails, looking over your videos very few of your thumbnails grabbed my attention enough to make me want to watch them, you don't need much to do this, and there are many helpful videos / guide on how to create eye catching thumbnails.
- 3) Personally listening to you when you commentate, for example during your COD WW2 video, you sounded way too ridged, you need to try and be enthusiastic and outspoken, not necessarily such a bad thing as this can easily be improved on over time, just by doing more and more videos, next time try smiling - you will be surprised regarding the difference it makes
- 4) Tags are your best and worst friend - You want tags relevant to the video you are showing and one's which will potentially get you the most views, also try and include high traffic tags if this is relevant to your content and don't ever 'tag stuff' (I.e adding non relevant tags to your videos) I especially noticed this in your 'This Game Looks Insane' video that some of the tags had no relevance to your video including tags such as 'developer', 'of', 'black ops 3 fails' and 'pc gaming'. You can use tools such as rapidtags.io to help generate tags for your videos.

Finally as I noticed I have been going on for some time, personally I don't think you should be focussing on a shout out series right now. While these could potentially lead to you gaining more recognition and promoting your channel, some people will overlook you due to your relative low number of subscriber and asking people to subscribe in order to enter is more than likely just going to leave you with 'dead subscribers' and not benefit your channel in any way. Please also note that everything I have said above is my own opinion and is not meant to dissuade you from YouTube in any way, just some helpful tips, which you can use if you want or ignore :) If you do want to chat about anything I've mentioned above or anything related to the forum then please don't hesitate to send me a PM

DiabolicalHam

Apr 23, 2017
YouTube
I'm a senior in high school and im kinda the class clown so i get that but i wouldn't let that get to you cause they're just hating and if you spend all the time getting your channel off the ground then restart it cause of people who might not mean that much to you when you graduate school is kind of pointless in my opinion. Just keep uploading videos that you enjoy making and have fun with it and you'll make it. Some channels just take longer to develop but if you don't quit and get discouraged by all the haters you'll make it :)
Ok thanks so much dude

Reactions: Alex Ecker

DiabolicalHam

Apr 23, 2017
YouTube
As mentioned by @Alex Ecker some channels just take time to develop and grow. Using forums such as this one can definitely help get you (as a content creator) out there and can help build different opportunities for you to grow, through collaborations, sharing videos or just building friendships.

Also I had a look at your channel just to see if I could recommend anything and I noticed, in my opinion a few points you might want to look into : -
- 1) You may wish to change / look at your Youtube homescreen as this seems very disorganised and doesn't give off the best impression, you have a tiny blurb about yourself right underneath your banner, which might be better suited in a 'About' section, you have playlists below (which is good that you are organising for easy access) - Take for example your homescreen - here - compared to this one - here - the later one is much more organised, and looks more professional
- 2) Work on your thumbnails, looking over your videos very few of your thumbnails grabbed my attention enough to make me want to watch them, you don't need much to do this, and there are many helpful videos / guide on how to create eye catching thumbnails.
- 3) Personally listening to you when you commentate, for example during your COD WW2 video, you sounded way too ridged, you need to try and be enthusiastic and outspoken, not necessarily such a bad thing as this can easily be improved on over time, just by doing more and more videos, next time try smiling - you will be surprised regarding the difference it makes
- 4) Tags are your best and worst friend - You want tags relevant to the video you are showing and one's which will potentially get you the most views, also try and include high traffic tags if this is relevant to your content and don't ever 'tag stuff' (I.e adding non relevant tags to your videos) I especially noticed this in your 'This Game Looks Insane' video that some of the tags had no relevance to your video including tags such as 'developer', 'of', 'black ops 3 fails' and 'pc gaming'. You can use tools such as rapidtags.io to help generate tags for your videos.

Finally as I noticed I have been going on for some time, personally I don't think you should be focussing on a shout out series right now. While these could potentially lead to you gaining more recognition and promoting your channel, some people will overlook you due to your relative low number of subscriber and asking people to subscribe in order to enter is more than likely just going to leave you with 'dead subscribers' and not benefit your channel in any way. Please also note that everything I have said above is my own opinion and is not meant to dissuade you from YouTube in any way, just some helpful tips, which you can use if you want or ignore :) If you do want to chat about anything I've mentioned above or anything related to the forum then please don't hesitate to send me a PM
Thanks for the time in writing this message i will review it properly when i get home I'll DM u later if that's ok to discuss things thank you