Tips & Tricks How I gain between 50,000 - 100,000 views + My tips to help you.

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
Hello everyone. I hope I can help you.

YouTube is a difficult place to survive on. A lot of us work hard creating content that just doesn't get the views it should have. And I know the feeling. I know that it's disheartening, and I know that sometimes you just look at your views and you just think. ''Hey, this isn't working. Should I give up and throw in the towel?''

The short answer is no. You shouldn't give up. Now, please let me clarify this isn't a thread geared towards how to gain a large amount of views like 50,000+. You may only get 10,000+. But I feel like I have some value to offer. So I hope I can explain well what I do, and hopefully - HOPEFULLY - inspire some of you guys who haven't quiet made it this far. Hopefully, you all can replicate this success, ever by surpassing me or just getting a little nudge. Good things will always come in time.

I'll attach an image of my current stats at the bottom, this is just to prove, say ''authenticate'' myself. Maybe this will drop or rise - I won't know. Probably will drop.
Please understand whilst I am not partnered with Freedom! as a YouTuber, I am in other areas, so technically, I am a member. And happy to be here. : 3

It's probably goes without saying one of they key elements on YouTube to growing a channel is consistency. I cannot stress enough why this is important. You watch TV shows, right? And you know when those TV shows come out and what to expect. YOU need to think of your viewers as something like this. You need to deliver content often and consistently to your viewers, so that they can always find your latest videos. I, myself. Well I cover video games. I don't do lets plays, however. I do guides and showcases, and I am looking to expand my content in the start of 2017. But I digress. But the point of this, is when a new video game comes out, an subscriber of mine can feel secure in the fact I will likely cover that game. And upload the video quickly, but with a lot of quality. This also enables other potential subscribers to jump on-board, also. By making sure your content is consistent, you not only provide a service to your subscribers, but you also prove to people who haven't subscriber that you are a channel that offers content often, and this shows a channel's strength.Basically, your subscribers should have a clear understanding of what your channel is about, when they will see videos, and what kind of videos they will see.

An important thing to understand is what your channel is about. In order for us to truly understand where our channel's strength is, we must ensure that we look at our most popular videos, and takes notes as to why that video did well. For me, as someone who does guides. I look at the game in the video - was it a well known game, or one that was obscure. What kind of format did the guide follow? What kind of guide was it? What kind of feedback did I get? What could I improve on? This allows you to make content that your consumers enjoy. And you should try to produce more of it. But you should NEVER neglect videos that don't do as well.

We should never neglect videos that aren't popular on our channel. And just because it doesn't get a lot of views right now, does not mean the video was a poor choice to make. We should not compare ourselves to big YouTubers - like Pewdiepie. Because that isn't realistic. An excellent example of this could be seen in one of my videos. I also cover showcases on my channel. This, in essence, is just covering something in the game that you otherwise would need to go through a lot of effort to see. In this example, I played a game called Far Cry Primal. Now in this game, when you get hurt, you see the character basically preform surgery on himself. And there's a few of these, so I made a video covering all of them. And it took me about fifty hours - TALK ABOUT A LOT OF WORK! And for it? I had 50 views. And of course, that really isn't a lot. But six months down the line, it blew up. Now it's 90,000 views. This shows that sometimes your content might not have an audience. OR the audience may just not be looking for that type of video, yet.

It's important, I think, to develop a wide-range of content. See usually we are for transfixed on making one type of content, that we often lose out on other things we could do. This doesn't mean you need to run a cooking show, and a review show, and a let's play - ALTHOUGH YOU COULD! But what you should do is run your channel in a way, where the core topic of your channel is covered in many ways. Think of this like your favourite soft drink. You may like the cherry flavour, but NOT the diet or lime flavour. And the same could be said of channels. In this example, say we all the the same soft drink (So a channel based around games) but we may not all like the same flavour (So type of gaming video) so one person may only enjoy the lime flavour drink (Your reviews) whilst someone else may only the diet flavour (Your lets plays) they key here isn't actually drinks. But more of keeping a core flavour to your channel, that shares a common simultaneity with the rest of your channel, but offers multiple versions of it - such as let's plays and reviews. This means whilst a subscriber may ONLY like you for your reviews and none of your other content, another subscriber may ONLY like your lets plays, where as someone else might like both of those, but not your guides.
Do you get what I mean? We might all like one brand of soft drink. But we all don't enjoy the same flavour. Basically, by doing this, we keep the core of our channel, as well as producing more content, and opening our doors for more subscribers. Just remember to create quality content, and to be realistic and not burn yourself out with too many types of shows.

It's also important never give up - and this is the most important. Every time you feel like you aren't good enough, you are letting your chances of growing slip. So don't do that! I can assure you, somewhere out there, there is someone who could surpass Pewdiepie. But he just hasn't been found yet. The top channels before Pewdiepie were channels we didn't think could be beat.

Also note your views to sub ratio doesn't dictate your level of being. As someone who does many things on YouTube, sometimes things are watched and subbed. Some left watch a few things. Some do that, or watch one video then leave. The type of channel I run makes getting subs difficult. But that doesn't mean yours will be. A lot of it is down to your content, which is why it's a good idea to have a few shows that can attract different people, whilst keeping the core of your channel.

I think this is getting a bit too long. But I hope you stuck with it. I may post a few more things here in time, maybe with better examples. I kinda wrote all this out in one go, and didn't really look into more than that. But if I have to say one last thing, is listen to your subscribers. The customer is ALWAYS. ALWAYS right. And even if someone is hating on your videos, don't be mad at them back. Be professional, be polite. Treat them with respect. Because I have made mistakes before, and sometimes not. And it's valued by those people to be treated with respect, even if they don't initially do it to you.

I hope I have offered you all some value. If I haven't, I'm sorry. Ultimately, please remember Rome wasn't built in a single day. It WILL take time, but you can and you WILL do it.

Again, this below is my stats. I hope it somewhat authenticates that I know a few things, but I'm learning, also.
-
Milk

Last edited:

Ashley SilverDust

Community Team
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
Feb 14, 2015
Maine, USA
YouTube
AshleySilver101
I appreciate you taking the time to share all of this. A lot of people that find success will keep their strategy to themselves. Consistency and relevancy are very important. If your audience expects something, it's best to do what you can to make sure you continue to deliver that to them. Also: know what people are going to search for, and become their search result! You're very smart! ;)

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Thank you very much for sharing this with us @SuperMilkbox its always nice to see a friendly and helpful user on the forum who is willing to share things like this with the community.