Request Hey I wouldn't mind some criticism!

Do you think I have the potential to grow big? (Be honest!)

• Absolutely! Your channel is great!

• Probably! Your channel is above average quality.

• Hmmm... maybe. Your channel seems average quality to me.

• Don't think so. Your channel is below average quality...

• Oh god this is really bad...

Results are only viewable after voting.

YanLikesStuff

Freedom! Member
Apr 5, 2014
YouTube
'Sup peeps! I was just wandering around the forums and just noticed this forum section exists! Am I blind or what? lol

Either way, I'd love a channel review or two. Tell me what you think! Can I improve anything? What am I doing good and what am I doing wrong?

Maybe you could check my channel in general and give me an opinion, perhaps watch a video or two and tell me what you think overall. I'd appreciate that a lot!

If you're not sure what to watch you can just watch a couple of minutes of this video:

fattmat

Devourer of Cake + Crumpets.
Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
'Sup peeps! I was just wandering around the forums and just noticed this forum section exists! Am I blind or what? lol

Either way, I'd love a channel review or two. Tell me what you think! Can I improve anything? What am I doing good and what am I doing wrong?

Maybe you could check my channel in general and give me an opinion, perhaps watch a video or two and tell me what you think overall. I'd appreciate that a lot!

If you're not sure what to watch you can just watch a couple of minutes of this video:

I'd consider investing in some more audio equipment. Your commentary can benefit a lot from a medium-tier microphone. Thumbnails could be more eye-catching, have you considered getting yourself some branding done by a professional artist? Individualizing your channel will help you stand out. Posting more often could help, since once a week for a let's play is hard to focus on as a viewer. Your tags + description could use more work, try looking at huge channels, and see what they use for the search engine.

YanLikesStuff

Freedom! Member
Apr 5, 2014
YouTube
I'd consider investing in some more audio equipment. Your commentary can benefit a lot from a medium-tier microphone. Thumbnails could be more eye-catching, have you considered getting yourself some branding done by a professional artist? Individualizing your channel will help you stand out. Posting more often could help, since once a week for a let's play is hard to focus on as a viewer. Your tags + description could use more work, try looking at huge channels, and see what they use for the search engine.
Thanks! Actually I do have good audio equipment, a Blue Yeti microphone. The thing is, I've still got to learn how to optimize it for the best setting. Considering my room does not have any of that fancy noise-proof padding, I have to figure out what are the best settings for my mic without having too much background noise.

Thanks for your tips!

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Thanks! Actually I do have good audio equipment, a Blue Yeti microphone. The thing is, I've still got to learn how to optimize it for the best setting. Considering my room does not have any of that fancy noise-proof padding, I have to figure out what are the best settings for my mic without having too much background noise.

Thanks for your tips!
Ah, I would try messing around with everything in audacity. Even having a good microphone will be hard to filter out background noise. You can further edit your sound if you have a program that gives you more freedom over it.

YanLikesStuff

Freedom! Member
Apr 5, 2014
YouTube
Ah, I would try messing around with everything in audacity. Even having a good microphone will be hard to filter out background noise. You can further edit your sound if you have a program that gives you more freedom over it.
Yup, so far I've been trying to tweak it with audacity. Main issue is getting the mic to pick my voice up properly without having to almost "eat it", but after some gain my voice will sound echoey because of the room.

Oh well, I guess it's a matter of trial and error.

fattmat

Freedom! Member
May 8, 2014
www.questflinger.com
YouTube
Yup, so far I've been trying to tweak it with audacity. Main issue is getting the mic to pick my voice up properly without having to almost "eat it", but after some gain my voice will sound echoey because of the room.

Oh well, I guess it's a matter of trial and error.
Yeah, there's always something getting in our way. Trial and error will definitely help before you start recording. But I hope you find the best method that works for you personally!