Tips & Tricks Help me grow with your feedback

TheWickedOnes

Freedom! Member
Dec 28, 2015
YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmD4yXcTyIY6M_roB13eD1g

So what happend is that our channel had like 45 subscribers, and losing 1 subscriber is not that big of a deal but losing 6 in a short period of time, makes me feel a little demotivated.

So basically what this channel stand for is bringing the highest quality possible within our range, and still trying to make it as fun and entertaining as possible. We try to achieve this with making walkthroughs. The upload schedule is 2 videos a week, most of the time on Monday and Friday. There could be an potential third day of upload but we don't want to spam videos out and lose quality over it.

For some reason it's pretty hard for us to make a fanbase or get people to watch our videos, we do the promotion on twitter and diverse gaming forums.

What are your overall thoughts on our channel and view on how to run it?

Thanks in advance.

SuperMilkbox

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Jan 8, 2015
YouTube
Please be aware that some losses are not subscribers unsubbing. If an account is inactive, then YouTube will remove it. I don't think there is anything wrong with your channel. : 3

Reactions: TheWickedOnes

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
I don't want to sound...harsh? But here's my critique.

Your channel trailer didn't really show me anything. There was no clear reason to watch your content, is what I'm saying. I might be an odd one out here, but 1080p 60FPS isn't a reason for me to watch someone play games. If it's got commentary with it, I want to hear about that. I want to see the funny moments and the comedy with it. Let's Plays could be in 360 for all I care, as long as the person behind it is fun and entertaining!

I would certainly redo the channel trailers. And I might be talking like a fool since mine might be as bad, but it honestly wasn't a selling point for me. Which is a shame, because your content is top notch! Use the trailer to really sell yourself on TheWickedOnes. Give us reasons as to why you're funny, interesting, entertaining and top quality.

I hope this helps. This is not meant to be personal, it's honest critique. But seriously, DO keep it up. You have wicked content, ergo the name XP

Reactions: TheWickedOnes

zeke morgan

Mythic User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I do agree with The Indie Bin, that 1080p and 60FPS isn't something that you really need in your trailer as that isn't the thing that will convince people to watch your content, or indeed come back for more videos.

I think overall your channel is something to be proud of, especially in the short space of time that you have been making videos for it. One thing I would say is be careful of the game volume and your commentary, as especially in your Arkham Knight videos it was a little hard to hear what you were saying. Another small thing that I picked up from visiting your channel is your video thumbnails - you might want to rethink some of these as they seem a bit bland and basic at times, seeming more like stills from the game which you have added minimal text to. Not saying there is anything wrong with that but just giving my two cents as they say.

And lastly and a very minor point but I don't think that your small channel icon really goes well with your banner. I know its such a tiny point to nitpick about but again just trying to point out things that you might be able to improve upon. If you want to talk about any of the things I have raised please feel free to contact me either via this thread, or send me a private message (again either here or on YouTube) and we can discuss this further if you want.

TheWickedOnes

Freedom! Member
Dec 28, 2015
YouTube
Thank you guys for your time and honest feedback! Guess The channel trailer needs some reimagination I suppose. As for the thumbnails what would you like to see more of them? There is currently someone who is redesign the banner and the icon so don't worry about that one ;)

Also that joke indiebin:D

IndieBin

Freedom! Member
Sep 29, 2015
YouTube
Thank you guys for your time and honest feedback! Guess The channel trailer needs some reimagination I suppose. As for the thumbnails what would you like to see more of them? There is currently someone who is redesign the banner and the icon so don't worry about that one ;)

Also that joke indiebin:D

Hehe, I try!

As for the thumbnails? I like the typecast, but I would definitely put a border or something around the edge, to match the motif you have going on with your channel banner. Perhaps that would be a bit more eye-catching?