Gaming Hello, Red King Gaming here!

SMRRedKing

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2015
YouTube
Hey everyone! I'm Ronin, I came to this network have searchign through and finding something that seemed to work well for the kind of material and schedule I have with uploading videos. I started Youtube because I really enjoy making commentary videos about all sorts of different games. I mainly run a gaming channel (As most of us do) and upload pretty regularly, about 1 video a day(Monday-Friday) goes up on my channel since I've been given the chance. Games vary greatly as I also do live stream stuff on Twitch, so I grab any thing that is fun for me to play.

I hope you all enjoy the future content from me and hope to see you all around!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTtlyPf_EBMcLwUVw4oYZWA

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Hi @SMRRedKing,

Welcome to the Freedom! Community!

I really enjoy watching commentaries. :D What do you like to talk about in your commentaries? Do you talk about the game, share stories, a mix of all, etc.? I find that I usually enjoy commentaries in which the commentator shares a story.

It's cool how you upload a video every week day and you stream, that's a lot of work! Do you have any tips for people who are perhaps a little less consistent with their presence on YouTube?

You should drop by the "Gaming Discussion" some time if you haven't already!

Click here to visit "Gaming Discussion"!

I look forward to seeing you around!

Reactions: BodaciousBrosGaming

SMRRedKing

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2015
YouTube
Thank for checking out this thread!

The kind of commentary I do is a bit of everything, usually talk about something about the game for the first couple videos, after that it is commenting at the NPC's or filling in bits about the lore (When I actually remember it). Whenever a story comes to me I like to tell it when it comes up, got a story for plenty of stuff.

Well, first tip is that, if you really want to dedicate to it you have to get use to early mornings (Mine start @ 8am, sometimes earlier) to upload a video and late nights to make sure you get them edited and recorded. For streaming stuff, just stream any chance you get. Doesn't matter if it is for 30 minutes or 10 hours, just get into the habit of doing it and it will all come naturally after that.

Thank you for the advice, i'll stop by there for sure!

Reactions: Danny

BodaciousBrosGaming

Distinguished User
May 15, 2014
San Francisco, California
YouTube
How's it going Ronin? Welcome to Freedom and all that :D How's Twitch btw? I've met a few people here and there that are on Twitch (even met someone who worked at a local TwitchCon on my way to my university xD), but I still don't really get why one would go on Twitch as opposed to just livestreaming on Youtube. Maybe it's cuz Twitch is the first thing that comes to mind when someone says livestream, not Youtube :]

Nice upload schedule too man! The weekend's always the most important days of the week so what better way to get your creativity going again than a nice break ;) Well hope you enjoy your time here at Freedom! Thanks for those tips up above in that reply you left Danny :) If I ever start something on Twitch I'll be sure to look back on your suggestions when my noobiness levels are at their peak x) Best of luck out there man, and have an awesome day! - Brandon

Other Freedom Banner.jpg

Reactions: Danny

Danny

SDGCore
Mar 1, 2014
Vancouver
sdgcore.com
YouTube
41Danny1
Thank for checking out this thread!

The kind of commentary I do is a bit of everything, usually talk about something about the game for the first couple videos, after that it is commenting at the NPC's or filling in bits about the lore (When I actually remember it). Whenever a story comes to me I like to tell it when it comes up, got a story for plenty of stuff.

Well, first tip is that, if you really want to dedicate to it you have to get use to early mornings (Mine start @ 8am, sometimes earlier) to upload a video and late nights to make sure you get them edited and recorded. For streaming stuff, just stream any chance you get. Doesn't matter if it is for 30 minutes or 10 hours, just get into the habit of doing it and it will all come naturally after that.

Thank you for the advice, i'll stop by there for sure!
Ah nice advice! I am a night owl so I am terrible at waking up early. While I'm very productive at night, I'm either sleeping or dragging myself through the day while the world around me is wide awake.

I've been planning to improve this for a while now but I realized that part of why I don't make as many videos as I want to is because of this reason, so thanks for the tip! :)

Last edited:

SMRRedKing

Rising User
Freedom! Member
Nov 18, 2015
YouTube
Good morning all, thanks for looking at my thread.
How's it going Ronin? Welcome to Freedom and all that :D How's Twitch btw? I've met a few people here and there that are on Twitch (even met someone who worked at a local TwitchCon on my way to my university xD), but I still don't really get why one would go on Twitch as opposed to just livestreaming on Youtube. Maybe it's cuz Twitch is the first thing that comes to mind when someone says livestream, not Youtube :]

Nice upload schedule too man! The weekend's always the most important days of the week so what better way to get your creativity going again than a nice break ;) Well hope you enjoy your time here at Freedom! Thanks for those tips up above in that reply you left Danny :) If I ever start something on Twitch I'll be sure to look back on your suggestions when my noobiness levels are at their peak x) Best of luck out there man, and have an awesome day! - Brandon

View attachment 12219

Thank you for the Warm greetings everyone! Twitch is pretty easy to use, makes it simpler when you can stream it from your PS4 as well so I am not limited to just PC games (though i do need to get the PlayStation eye so i can have a camera going at the same time.) But yeah, Twitch is just kind of synonymous with the whole streaming experience, so even though youtube offers it, it is just a numbers game there. Also when I started Twitch I hadn't heard about youtube live streaming yet so that was a nice surprise I should start taking advantage of pretty soon.

I do hope all the tips help, if you have any for me I am more then happy to hear them as I am always looking to improve! And if you need any other help on getting the whole Live stream experience set up just let me know!

BodaciousBrosGaming

Distinguished User
May 15, 2014
San Francisco, California
YouTube
Good morning all, thanks for looking at my thread.

Thank you for the Warm greetings everyone! Twitch is pretty easy to use, makes it simpler when you can stream it from your PS4 as well so I am not limited to just PC games (though i do need to get the PlayStation eye so i can have a camera going at the same time.) But yeah, Twitch is just kind of synonymous with the whole streaming experience, so even though youtube offers it, it is just a numbers game there. Also when I started Twitch I hadn't heard about youtube live streaming yet so that was a nice surprise I should start taking advantage of pretty soon.

I do hope all the tips help, if you have any for me I am more then happy to hear them as I am always looking to improve! And if you need any other help on getting the whole Live stream experience set up just let me know!
Wow, thanks such an in-depth explanation man! Now I'm kinda interested in starting my own Twitch :D I feel so conflicted since I already have so much trouble balancing out a Youtube channel let alone a Twitch account on top of that... xD And likewise Ronin, if you ever need with anything yourself feel free to ask me anytime :) - Brandon

Other Freedom Banner.jpg