Gaming Hello, I'm "Oddly Specific"

Oddly Specific

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
Hi all, my name is Lewis/Indie88 (But I'm starting to refer to MYSELF as Oddly Specific which is odd, hah) and I have just recently started the gaming channel "Oddly Specific". I've wanted to have my own YouTube channel for as long as I can remember YT being in my life. Up until a few months ago I was probably watching something like 60 hours of content a week but I had no way to produce my own. A friend gifted me an old PC and since then I've been able to realise this little dream of mine.

I play (or intend to play) a lot of the higher quality indie titles, strategy games, rogue-likes, etc. I'm still getting used to the YouTube space but I felt that my knowledge of how I could promote myself further had been exhausted so that is why I've chosen to join a network. PGUK was the only network that aligned with my values and what I'm looking for, so I nervously chose to join up! I am not regretting it as I have been greeted by a very professional outfit so far!

Having spent so long wishing for this to happen, I pride myself on the relative quality of my channel and the way I do things, but I'm always looking to learn - I just want to help my dream succeed and hopefully once you get to know me, you will too :)

My Channel - Oddly Specific
My Twitter - @OddlySpecificYT

<3 from Oddly Specific :)

EDIT: Also, I read somewhere that we have to add the PGUK logo to where our Twitter/FB/G+ icons are on our channel homepage - can someone link me the how-to for that?

Charles Meekins

Well-Known User
Freedom! Member
Sep 5, 2014
YouTube
hi i am also with pguk (not sure about the logo thing though - sorry :(), but welcome to the family and hope you work hard and set goals (both long term and short term ones) and are able to find value in pguk and freedom - staff and members

just a tip to get going (maybe?) let people suggest games you could play

ok and welcome

charles meekins

Jacobo TM

Rising User
Aug 15, 2015
YouTube
Well idk about the PGUK logo but I really like your channel. You have a lot of cool and unique content that I think would draw a lot of attention. If you're interested on spreading the word a little further I have created a community gaming channel which you can use to advertise your content as well as have some fun along the way. If you are interested E-Mail me at: [email protected]
I hope things go alright with your channel and that Freedom can help you achieve your dream! :)

BedfastDuck

Renowned User
Mar 20, 2015
YouTube
Hey, welcome to the Freedom Family! I don't really know the answer to your PGUK question. Do you only play on PC? Also, how often do you upload?

Oddly Specific

New User
Freedom! Member
Dec 8, 2015
YouTube
I hav
hi i am also with pguk (not sure about the logo thing though - sorry :(), but welcome to the family and hope you work hard and set goals (both long term and short term ones) and are able to find value in pguk and freedom - staff and members

just a tip to get going (maybe?) let people suggest games you could play

ok and welcome

charles meekins

Thanks! I have done - that's why I'm playing Shipwrecked at the minute :)[DOUBLEPOST=1449653182][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well idk about the PGUK logo but I really like your channel. You have a lot of cool and unique content that I think would draw a lot of attention. If you're interested on spreading the word a little further I have created a community gaming channel which you can use to advertise your content as well as have some fun along the way. If you are interested E-Mail me at: [email protected]
I hope things go alright with your channel and that Freedom can help you achieve your dream! :)
Thankyou! That means a lot - I just need to get the views to go with it now![DOUBLEPOST=1449653323][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey, welcome to the Freedom Family! I don't really know the answer to your PGUK question. Do you only play on PC? Also, how often do you upload?

Currently I'm using OBS to play low-intensity games on my PC but I have an Elgato HD60 set up ready to use on xbox - I just haven't found a comfortable way to do it yet. My last stumbling block is that I can't get my Blue Snowball mic to reach to my living room, any suggestions??

I upload Monday-Weds-Friday with usually a double upload one of those days if I'm playing multiple games. For example, this Friday will probably be a double as I need to continue my Dungeon Of The Endless campaign (as Don't Starve went up today) but I'd also like to spot light another game if I can find one that's affordable![DOUBLEPOST=1449653370][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks! That's not quite what I meant - did any of you have to add the Freedom network logo somewhere on your channel? I thought I'd read that. I will add my sub button though!!

TwilightPrinze

The Flying Dutchman
Community Team!
Freedom! Member
I hav

Thanks! I have done - that's why I'm playing Shipwrecked at the minute :)[DOUBLEPOST=1449653182][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thankyou! That means a lot - I just need to get the views to go with it now![DOUBLEPOST=1449653323][/DOUBLEPOST]

Currently I'm using OBS to play low-intensity games on my PC but I have an Elgato HD60 set up ready to use on xbox - I just haven't found a comfortable way to do it yet. My last stumbling block is that I can't get my Blue Snowball mic to reach to my living room, any suggestions??

I upload Monday-Weds-Friday with usually a double upload one of those days if I'm playing multiple games. For example, this Friday will probably be a double as I need to continue my Dungeon Of The Endless campaign (as Don't Starve went up today) but I'd also like to spot light another game if I can find one that's affordable![DOUBLEPOST=1449653370][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks! That's not quite what I meant - did any of you have to add the Freedom network logo somewhere on your channel? I thought I'd read that. I will add my sub button though!!
You can put the logo in your banner but it is not a must. You can also put in your recruit link found in the dashboard.